Forums Latest Members
  1. Siac Jun 13, 2014

Hi,

So, reading loads, learning loads, thank you all.

Saw this and my newbie eye doesn't know what to think now... Am i purposely confusing myself into thinking things are flawed! (it's your fault! LOL )

Anyway, I think the omega writing looks wrong and the six looks strange.
    How far off am I? I hope it's not legit else I need to start over! :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-14k...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item27e5985bf8Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. fjf Jun 13, 2014

Yes, the problem with omegas that old is the dial. If it is so clean, almost always is repainted. And I am in the same boat, I just cannot tell. That's why I dont own one, but I like them.:(

3. Paul K Jun 13, 2014

Complete newbie here and like you reading and learning.

I could be way off with this, but the Omega script looks wrong to me as does the crown.
    The movement is a 351 and the seller has it dated to 1950, however the Omega vintage database lists that case reference as being from 1952 and having a 354.

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 13, 2014

That watch is actually a poorly done redial - for starters the fonts are too large and rather sloppily done.

5. John R Smith Jun 13, 2014

As Mike says, it is a redial and the crown is also wrong. The hands are correct, and the movement looks pretty reasonable - but there are slight indications that the rotor has just been touching the inner case back, meaning that the rotor bearings are likely to be worn.