Forums Latest Members
  1. Rickyp Apr 1, 2019

CDB1F9CD-5433-40D9-8590-5F910C4083CB.jpeg I now have three nice watches and we’re wondering how you guys chose what you wear. I haven’t even worn the sub since I bought the planet ocean. I just prefer the look of the omegas. Should I sell the Rolex and if so what would you get instead? I’m confused

2. Muddlerminnow Apr 1, 2019

Call me biased (I am) but the Omegas DO look better--there's a big blob of snot on the Rolex that is also of ambivalent personality and can't decide if it wants to be gold or stainless. Wishy-washy.

IM(notvery)HO

Rickyp likes this.
  3. Omegafanman Apr 1, 2019

I am a big fan of steel on steel … but it might be time to break things up a bit with a different strap and maybe a Globemaster or DSOTM?. A Globemaster would also give you a proper modern dress watch option (not that it matters these days)…. Sports watch, dive watch + dress watch - a full set :0)

dsm.jpg P1140269.JPG
    Baz9614, Rickyp and R3D9 like this.
  4. R3D9 Apr 1, 2019

I think your collection could use a dress watch, if you have occasion to wear one. Like a Nomos Orion (budget) or even the A. Lange Saxonia (lux).

Otherwise, a field watch like an Explorer/Railmaster would be nice or some sort of GMT would fill things out nicely.

Edited Apr 1, 2019
    Syrte and Rickyp like this.
  5. Rickyp Apr 1, 2019

What about a limited edition moonwatch or the like. Something which may be an investment?

6. Bernardino Apr 1, 2019

I would second getting a dressier watch. Not sure what the trade in would be on the sub would be but a Datejust might fit the bill or Globemaster or Aqua Terra

7. Omegafanman Apr 1, 2019

That is a different question.... and you might end up not wearing it much. There are a lot of vintage options as well which might be easier on your budget.

8. zrleopold Apr 1, 2019

Sell the Rolex and get a nice dress watch to round out the collection. JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon is a beautiful choice.
    [​IMG]

John7boy, robinhook, wagudc and 10 others like this.
  9. Waxtactic Apr 1, 2019

Depends on a couple of things. If it's the weekday, the choice is really driven by 2 things:
    1) What's calling to me from the box. I want to be jazzed when I see it peeking out from my shirt cuff
    2) What am I wearing at the office/meeting? Do I have to suit up for a client meeting? Omega Seamaster with a leather strap. Blue shirt, let's go with disco on the wrist with my blue dialed Seiko 6138-0030

The weekend watch just allows me to wear something I wouldn't otherwise wear at the office like my sub.

In regards to your sub, may I ask what's turning you off from it? Is it the colors, a different aesthetic issue, bracelet, etc? If you give me some guidance on what you dont dig, I might be able to help point you to something you do like.

Rickyp likes this.
  10. hbombkid Apr 1, 2019

I think every collection should have a Rolex but I am biased lol.

I went the opposite I really wanted a sub liked the look better than my PO so sold the PO as I did not want 2similar watches.

I still like Omega and wanted one in the collection so I ended up with a white AT which is completely different from my Sub. Both can be worn casual or with a suit.

If the Sub is not calling then maybe time to sell but as I said need a Rolex in the collection maybe a DJ 41 blue dial with smooth bezel?

blufinz52 likes this.
  11. Stufflers Mom Apr 1, 2019

Something on a strap, so perhaps a DSOTM, or grey side in this case.

P1190600.JPG

Shankified likes this.
  12. Pepe Lucas Apr 1, 2019

I Will keep them all. I have several Omegas and only one Rolex. The Rolex will always be a classic.

blufinz52 likes this.
  13. Rickyp Apr 1, 2019

I just prefer the look of the omegas. I also like the slightly larger watch as I have big wrists.

14. Pepe Lucas Apr 1, 2019

If I was you I would only sell the Rolex for a watch that I must have and need the funds to buy it. Or if I was just tired of it.

Waxtactic and Rickyp like this.
  15. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Apr 1, 2019

3 great watches. I would sell the gold/stainless Sub and seek an all stainless Sub or Sea Dweller. You would then have the perfect tri-fecta of pure steel manliness.

man·li·ness
    /ˈmanlēnəs/
    noun
    noun: manliness
    1. the traditional male quality of being brave and strong.
      "men accustomed to proving their manliness on the streets"
      synonyms: virility, masculinity, vigor, strength, muscularity, ruggedness, toughness, robustness, powerfulness, brawniness, hardihood;More
      informalhunkiness
      "he felt that his manliness was threatened"
      resoluteness, steadfastness, mettle, spirit, dauntlessness, doughtiness, determination, fortitude, stalwartness;
      bravery, courage, boldness, valor, fearlessness, pluck, machismo, manhood, manfulness, daring, intrepidity, heroism, gallantry, chivalrousness, stout-heartedness;
      informalguts, grit, spunk;
      informalcojones
      "they were expected always to exhibit the qualities of 'manliness' and 'pluck'"
      antonyms: femininity, cowardice, funk
      • the fact of being typically male; masculinity.
        "the author's alleged lack of manliness"

Mad Dog and Rickyp like this.
  16. Omegafanman Apr 1, 2019

How about climbing back into a burning crashing aircraft while seriously wounded to engage the enemy wearing business suit and a dress watch... not everybody needs a steel strap to feel manly :0)

VC.jpg Nicholson use.jpg Suit 01.jpg Image3.jpg
    gpssti4, robinhook, Flatfoot and 3 others like this.
  17. dan7800 Apr 1, 2019

Do what you want. I wake up and "feel" different watches for different days.

18. Omegafanman Apr 1, 2019

An air ministry WW2 option on black Omega leather strap UK2292...….cheaper than a Globemaster.....

P1190760.JPG
  19. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Apr 1, 2019

Truly next level manliness. Was this gentleman/hero a relative? Fantastic act of bravery.

Omegafanman likes this.
  20. Waxtactic Apr 1, 2019

Makes sense. In that case, get rid of the two tone sub. IMO, find yourself something like a stainless steel SeaDweller which is great for those with big wrists and looks damn good with anything (especially w/out the cyclops). If that doesn't suit your fancy and you want to stay in the Omega family, maybe look at the Dark or Grey Side of the Moon? Beefy 44.25 mm (I think). There are other versions as well if you need a bit of color.

If you flat out need something bigger for your wrists, Panerai is also a dynamite option with a great history.