Forums Latest Members
  1. TNTwatch May 8, 2014

There are a few important things wrong or mysterious with this watch, but I think it's a very nice, even if Frankened, watch. Would you buy it and what would you do with it?

2384-1.jpg 2384-2.jpg 2384-3.jpg 2384-4.jpg
  2. mac_omega May 8, 2014

It is just a parts donor and worth the sum of the parts... ugly re-dialed :eek:

3. TNTwatch May 8, 2014

How much would the movement and case be worth, Erich? Gotta take into account a correct dial and correct hands also.

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 8, 2014

Problem is the movement is wrong for this case so even if in the extremely unlikely chance you find the correct movement, it would still be a franken since this case did not originally contain an Rg movement.

5. TNTwatch May 8, 2014

Yes, Mike. I'd have to find a correct case and hour hand for the movement and a set of movement, dial and hands for the case in order to solve the franken problem. Not impossible, but I'm not sure how much this movement and case would be worth as parts like Erich said. Not sure either if it's worth the effort compared to finding an all original sample.

6. Waynepjr May 8, 2014

I would much prefer that the seller just post the movement than to construct this POS and try to make a buck.
    There is no such thing as a "Nice Franken". :whipped:

Wayne

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 8, 2014

Or you could buy another incorrect case, dial, hands, and movement and make two franken frankens.

I'd just move on, me.

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 8, 2014

The case parts for the Ref. 2384 "US Army" watch are nearly impossible to find. Crowns in particular are made of "unobtainium".

Highest and best use of this watch is to sell the parts off. Collectors can make use of the movement pieces.

Dennis bought a frankened up Seamaster some years ago and was able to complete several collectors' project watches that needed hard-to-find parts.
    gatorcpa

9. TNTwatch May 8, 2014

Seems like there is still demand for nice franken/parts as it was sold just an hour after I posted the pictures here...