Forums Latest Members

Nice A386 Mark I went fast on the bay

1. Bienne2998 Sep 22, 2016

Andsan, ELV web and KstateSkier like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 22, 2016

Crap, went for 3x what mine went for a couple of years ago

3. E-diddy Sep 22, 2016

i was in discussions with seller. good guy. i had some reservations about the subdial hands -- i thought they were supposed to skinny.

4. Bienne2998 Sep 22, 2016

Well, the price is high - but if this is crap.... I love crap

5. E-diddy Sep 22, 2016

Haha it's a very nice piece. definitely not crap. i was very close to pulling the trigger. my concern was matching the claim that it had never been serviced with the potentially non-original hands.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 22, 2016

Sorry I wasn't calling it crap but rather exclaiming how the price has gone up lol

In Australia profanity is often the start of a sentence in that way.

Modest_Proposal and Bienne2998 like this.
  7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 22, 2016

Did not go by. Hit my spending wall and then moved on :(

8. Bienne2998 Sep 22, 2016

@dsio I knew you meant it that way :)
    but pricewise.... it is high... but after all it is a historic piece - a milestone in watchmaker history and only produced in a small number....
    I mean if you compare to all this Ed Whites flying high at the moment.....

9. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Sep 22, 2016

that case!

10. Speedmasterfan88 Sep 22, 2016

And another Watch reference added to the "I realy don't Need this ... realy ...."-List ... Damn that's beautiful!

11. m neuman What, me worry? Sep 24, 2016

Nice and fair price. How many do you see that are incorrect! How many do you see that are correct?

12. Mlafra Sep 26, 2016

Very nice example indeed, and price probably about right, but there are 2 buts.
    The 3 sub-dials hands are not original to the watch: they are still original vintage EP but they are not OK for MKI, they have to be thin. The same goes for the hour and minute hands: they are not for a MKI, in MKI the gap between the lumed part of the hands and the black tip of the hands is thinner, these are MKII hands. The central chrono red hand I am fairly certain is an even later replacement, but on this I wouldnt put my hand on fire.
    The listing also says that the ladder bracelet is easy to come by: well, that is half a lie, in the sense that the bracelet it self is indeed relatively easy to come by but....try to get your hands on the correct "ZJ" original end-links! Nearly impossible and if you find them they cost MORE than the bracelet it self!
    All being said still a very good watch and example (the case is wonderful) and these are getting very hard to find in these conditions and especially with MKI case. I still thing that especially MKI will continue to rise in value, they are very rare, great watches and of huge historical importance, and the movement is just killer!

Edited Sep 26, 2016
    E-diddy likes this.