Forums Latest Members

SOLD Newmark 6BB Chronograph!

1. Myron Oct 31, 2016

For sale is my Newmark 6BB chronograph. The last of my Fab Four chronographs, posted here for your consideration. If you are a Fab Four collector, you will know the Newmark is extremely rare. Mine is a very nice specimen, running great, and ready to be used and enjoyed.

The Good:

- The hands are the correct style for the Newmark, probably original, although they have been relumed. The lume is a close but imperfect match to the dial. The chronograph hands are correct. All five hands are in near-perfect condition.

- The dial is in near-perfect condition, with a couple minor blemishes that you can see in my high-res pictures. No issues with the lume plots or numerals.

- The crown is the correct and original Newmark crown. The Newmark's crown was different from the other three of the Fab Four, and they are generally considered to be made from unobtainium.

- Crystal was replaced at last servicing. Hence, it is nearly perfect.

- Movement is correct vintage of Valjoux 7733. Reset mechanism and all markings are correct for Newmark 7733's. Recently serviced and running great.

- The caseback is correct and in excellent condition. Watchmaker's service marks on the inside. No major scratches and only negligible marks on the outside.

The Not So Good:

- The original fixed strap bars have been removed at some point. I replaced them myself with shoulderless spring bars and used micro dabs of two-part epoxy designed for use on metal to cold-weld them in place. They are perfectly placed in two dimensions, but out of alignment in one dimension. You can see this when you view the watch from the end on but not from the top down. Please note that the bars are very secure and sturdy, and of course the alignment issue is totally invisible with a strap on the watch.

The Deal:

Looking for $2200 USD for this watch, OBRO, shipped in the US. I'll ship outside of the US, but we'll have to talk about costs and shipping methods. As I've lost some parcels shipped to some countries, I reserve the right to not ship to yours. Not trying to be a jerk, and don't mean to offend anyone.

I will accept your return after your three day inspection if the watch proves to be not as described, and of course it has to be returned in the same condition. Buyer's remorse or an angry spouse don't count, by the way. ;-)

No trades at this time, please, unless you have a spare Hamilton 6BB (or 0552 or RAN) 7733 chronograph with Hamilton logo dial in at least as good a condition as this Newmark.

I have lots of references on this site and others, so please feel free to ask. I have described the watch as honestly and completely as I can. All of the pictures below were taken by me just for this post except the wrist pic, which is an older one of mine that I just like.

Please feel free to PM or email direct to roverhaven {at} gmail.

Thanks for looking.

Myron

PA310001.JPG

Crown side. My Newmark's crown is the correct one for the watch, and these are impossible to find.

PA310003.JPG

Nine o'clock side:

PA310002.JPG

Caseback:

PA310008.JPG

PA310013.JPG

Movement shots. This Valjoux 7733 is the correct era of 7733 for the Newmark. These vary among the four different makers, so it's a good thing to check.

PA310009.JPG
    PA310010.JPG
    PA310012.JPG PA310011.JPG

The misaligned strap bars, viewed end-on:

PA310005.JPG PA310006.JPG

The strap bars viewed from the dial side looking down (the misalignment is not noticeable):

PA310007.JPG

And on the wrist, of course the misaligned strap bars are even more of a non-issue:

IMG_0758.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Myron

Charles@UW likes this.
  2. Furze Nov 1, 2016

I've seen this watch before, was it from James in the UK?

3. Myron Nov 1, 2016

This watch is on hold pending funds. Thanks OF.

Myron

4. Myron Nov 1, 2016

And sold! Thanks very much to OF for this great resource.

Myron