Forums Latest Members
  1. HogWldFLTR Oct 28, 2016

I just received this watch and I'm curious as to model number and likely date of manufacture? What sort of dial is this called? Tapestry? It was just serviced (I'm testing it for accuracy now). The crystal is flat and not domed.

[​IMG]

It appears there is an exact duplicate of it in a youtube video on setting a 1020.

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 28, 2016

Take the back off and you'll find the reference number and serial number.

3. Edward53 Oct 28, 2016

I vote for Striped Dial. Or Georgian Wallpaper. Or Zebra. Or Heavy Rain. Or Bamboo Forest. Or Prison Window. Oops, nearly forgot Railway Junction.

4. HogWldFLTR Oct 28, 2016

Frankly I don't like removing case backs other than at a jewelers; thanks for the recommendation. I had prior chosen not to go that path. Do you know off hand?

I was thinking that there might be an actual dial reference name for the dial type; I have no problem coming up with descriptors of my own. I keep forgetting how haphazard Omega design is in comparison to Rolexes. Makes it hard to make any sense of older models especially given the inexpensive nature of most.

Edited Oct 28, 2016
  5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 28, 2016

You know the movement number, try the Omega Vintage Database. I'll bet you can find it there.

6. HogWldFLTR Oct 28, 2016

Spent over an hour this afternoon looking at the following:

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage/

Is that what you are referring to or is there something else; at any rate, so far no joy.

7. HogWldFLTR Oct 28, 2016

OK, so went back to the database and looked at slightly newer models. This one is likely as close as I'll get.
    ST 366.0868.

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/20770/

Thanks all for the help. The watch hands glow but not the markers. According to the site both should. Here's a shot using a scope. The date is in a state of change.

[​IMG]

Edited Oct 28, 2016