Forums Latest Members

Newly acquired Gen 1 X-33. Stable mate to Sky Walker

1. JohnnyRocket May 17, 2019

Hey there everyone.
    Recently put my toe into the x-33 waters. I have owned the iconic Speedmaster Moon Watch and became
    Intrigued by the newer Space watches. Was able to recently get a New Sky Walker, which I have to say I just love. It’s light weight coupled with its amazing versatility simply blew me away. Alas my mechanical
    Speedy is now feeling some what neglected. Well , curiosity simply won out and was able to obtain a near mint Gen 1. Surprisingly the photos don’t do this little jewel justice. It is remarkable in many ways and certainly is interesting in comparison to the new Sky Walker.
    So looking for a few opinions. Has anyone suffered with the issues of the collapsing crown and how easily
    Remedied is this. Watch was a 2001 vintage. Would it be worth it to refurbish it to a Gen 2 Standard or
    Does it make more sense to enjoy and maintain it as it is? How rare are Gen 1 becoming? Would it make more sense to procure a Gen 2 instead. Hmmm?
    Looking Forward to Your insights....

2. boraxman May 17, 2019

Nice! I like the X33 a Z33 both. Im no expert so nothing to add really.. Pics?