Forums Latest Members

Newer than new to here - looking to buy for the fiancee... help!

1. missbeks May 11, 2015

Hello!

So, full disclosure: utter newbie here. I've been researching Omegas a little in my spare time. I'm hoping to get a vintage seamaster for the fiancee as a graduation present. I'm super nervous about eBay (fakes, quality etc etc).

Can anyone give their advice/opinion on:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-...65?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33a1ffc6e1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

and/or

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mint-Men...04?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item58c4769008Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

THANK YOU.

2. lillatroll May 11, 2015

In the watches for sale section here speed bird is selling a seamaster 30, It is a nice looking watch. Not sure about the price in relation to this watch as it is not the style of watch I collect. It has an extract from omega so atleast you know it is genuine. You maybe starting him off on an addiction he can t kick :)

3. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 11, 2015

In your position, (new, inexperienced, eager) I would NEVER buy from ebay in your circumstances.
    Buy from a private seller here on the forum. Very few need the money so unlike professional sellers, they are not trying to squeeze the last $ out of you, and the watches are usually correct, or at least correctly described.
    Dont get me wrong, we all like the money, but its not about the money - unlike ebay.

4. Steve1haggart May 11, 2015

hello and welcome ,
    The first Seamaster your looking at is a bit beat up and for the price id give it a miss.

The second Seamaster looks to be in far better condition cosmetically and look all original but I’m sure someone with more knowledge will be able to give you better advice. As for price I would expect to pay no more that $400-$500 for this given it a auction.

Me personally I would buy from the forum as you know you’re getting the a watch that’s been cared for.

lillatroll likes this.
  5. missbeks May 11, 2015

Thanks you guys! I will check out the watches available for sale here. I agree - I'm not sure eBay is the best pond for me to be fishing in which is why I came looking for advice...

6. pitpro Likes the game. May 11, 2015

missbeks and ChrisN like this.