Forums Latest Members
  1. GK1 Oct 25, 2016

Hi
    Complete newby - this watch was my Dads and has sentimental value. Can you guys help me identify its age and model?
    It's a Seamaster, we are thinking early 60's time frame. Still runs fine. Thanks

IMG_2428.JPG IMG_2430.JPG
  2. GK1 Oct 25, 2016

Photos are poor, the handles are not bent!

3. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 25, 2016

4. GK1 Oct 25, 2016

What I know is that it was my Dads, probably 40+ years in the family. I do not believe it has ever been serviced or opened. We think it may be a Deville, but from the pictures it is slightly different. I plan to hold onto it and wear it. Shopping for a nice band this weekend. Thanks

5. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Oct 25, 2016

Welcome!. The watch obviously needs a proper crown. Might be a redial. Lume slots on the hands but missing lume in the minute hand. Lume dots on the indices but no T SWISS MADE T on the dial. I think the movement is accessed through the front by removing the crystal. Early to mid 60's?

6. GK1 Oct 25, 2016

IMG_2430.JPG
  7. GK1 Oct 25, 2016

There is a "Swiss made" underneath the 6 o'clock position. Do you think this is legit?Should I have it Crowned? How much? A lot of questions, Thanks

8. redpcar Oct 25, 2016

It is all legit. Let us know your general location and someone should be able to help you find a watchmaker for the proper repairs. Omega crown is about $30 for the part. Service will be quite a bit more depending on the condition of the movement ($150 to $300). Dial is nice. Lug at 5:00 does look bent but should be able to straighten without a problem. Lume on the minute hand is missing but easily fixed or just leave it as is.
    Please don't try to do any of the work yourself. Only bad things can happen.

Jwit likes this.
  9. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 25, 2016

Whether it is real, fake, redialed, or franken, what matters most is that it was your fathers. There is nothing that will change that.

Since you plan on wearing it you should definitely get a crown(your watchmaker may be able to get a correct one or possibly someone here can point you in the right direction), and have it serviced properly by a trusted watch maker. Then get yourself a nice leather band and you will always have your father with you.

noelekal and redpcar like this.
  10. GK1 Oct 25, 2016

Thanks

11. GK1 Oct 25, 2016

Near Philadelphia, PA - Thanks!