Forums Latest Members
  1. Ckfong Feb 10, 2016

Hi, i am Fong, new to tis forum. own 2 omega, the seamaster 300 ref 166.024 and speedmaster broad arrow 3594.50
    Been reading up, and now hands getting itchy and wanna put on some leather on my broad arrow, can advise on where to get a 18mm ss omega buckle beside ofrei.com
    Most on ebay r fakes...
    Tinking of a brown croc leather to pair with. Hope it turn out well. But rather difficult to get hold of a original buckle

Thank you for taking your time to read tis.
    Cheers

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 10, 2016

Nowadays, almost impossible. Ofrei and CousinsUK are good for modern replacements only.

Otherwise, you're stuck with eBay. Hint, gold plated vintage Omega buckles should not say "acier inox" on the back. They should say "plaque or" or "plaque G" on the back. For steel buckles, there should always be a space between the two words.

That should knock out about half of the fakes.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

arkstfan, ahartfie and bdatki like this.
  3. Andreas Feb 10, 2016

4. Andreas Feb 10, 2016

5. Ckfong Feb 10, 2016

Thank you very much for the advice. Appreciate your help. May have to settle for a replica for the time being n carry on searching for the original. Thank you very much guys.

6. Ckfong Feb 17, 2016

May i ask, for my broad arrow speedy 3594.50
    This watch is manual winding, i notice every time i wind it, the crown will wind back slightly. Is it a safety feature?
    Thanl you for the advice