Forums Latest Members
  1. bobix Dec 13, 2018

Hi there,

I am a brand new member of this forum. Recently I've found the Omega pocket watch of my great-grandfather. It is in a quite bad shape, so I decided to take it to a watchmaker. I would like to build in the movement into a wristwatch. The watchmaker would be glad to help me and do it, but I need a new dial for the watch. Details: calibre 35.5L, diameter 40mm, the distance between holes is ca. 9.1mm

I wanted to create a new thread under the marketplace section (that I am seeking for a matching dial), but apparently, I do not have permission.

Could you please help me?

2. ama98 Dec 13, 2018

As I know you need to reach the 200 post threshold before you can have permission.
    Hajrá Fradi!

bobix likes this.
  3. sennevervoort Dec 13, 2018

Indeed... which is quite a lot imo.

4. sennevervoort Dec 13, 2018

Just be active in the forum for a few weeks .. ;)

bobix likes this.
  5. bobix Dec 14, 2018

Thanks for all your input, folks!

In the meantime, I also read through the rules of the marketplace section and learned that I should have at least 200 forum posts in order to create a new thread over there. Albeit I am not a scammer I have no choice but to accept these rules. I would not like to quickly write 200 bullshit comments just to reach this milestone, that would not make any sense. But I can not wait for long, because I would need the dial asap.

So I am wondering if you might suggest another forum or place I can ask/look for it? I am monitoring the eBay listing day by day, but can barely find a decent one :(

6. Vitezi Dec 14, 2018

Hi, welcome to the forum. Could you please post a few pictures of your pocket watch here? We would like to see some well-lit, clearly-focused pictures of the dial, the movement, and the case. There are several forum members who love pocket watches and may be able to advise . You may be able to find a pocket watch with a damaged/rusted movement but a nice dial to use as a donor for your project.

connieseamaster and bobix like this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 14, 2018

bobix likes this.
  8. FREDMAYCOIN Dec 14, 2018

The watch has been around for many year with your grandpa, stick around be patient and don’t do a thing to it until you post pictures here.

bobix likes this.
  9. Waxtactic Dec 14, 2018

Agreed with the gents above, be patient, post pics, seek advices and execute from there. The members of the site have been amazingly helpful over the last few weeks so it's worth the time investment given how much you'll learn.

bobix likes this.
  10. bobix Dec 14, 2018

I really appreciate all your input so far!

The watch is no longer in my possession, as I left it at the watchmaker so he could start fixing the movement because it has several defects. Until he finishes that part I have time to find a proper dial. He is a well respected and experienced professional over here, so he has my trust.

I've attached two photos. You can see that it's not an expensive model, but it's still a family heritage so I decided to spend money on "restoring" it into a good and working shape. It also worth mentioning that the movement was taken out from its original case, my parents confirmed it, but no longer remember why...

IMG_20181123_111415.jpg IMG_20181123_111405.jpg
  11. Cipolla Jan 5, 2019

Hi and welcome to the forum, hope you will get help with you old pocket watch.
    Kind regards