Forums Latest Members

Newbie with questions on vintage omega speedmasters and ploprof

1. justwatching Sep 18, 2014

Hi a friend of mine is selling me his vintage omegas particularly an omega speedmaster mark 4.5 and a baby ploprof. Can i ask the expert opinions of the people in this forum which one is more collectible/valuable? does anyone know a good website regarding these vintage omegas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance! Attatched are the actual pics of the watches.

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. justwatching Sep 18, 2014

Forgot to mention that the speedmaster includes the original bracelet but is very loose already while the ploprof's bracelet is not original

3. sulaco Sep 18, 2014

You dont see original Baby Ploprof that often. Its always the Puttogetherstuff from Service parts that are offered.

This one looks nice and i would pay around 1200USD

The Mk 4.5 Speedy is polished, the dial is a Luminova Service dial, the hands look tired.
    Wouldnt pay more as 800USD

4. justwatching Sep 18, 2014

thank you for your reply. how can you tell that the speedy has a service dial already? Was actually leaning toward the speedy. Now im thinking of getting the ploprof instead

5. dualdo Sep 19, 2014

1400.- USD for the Baby-PP ;-)

6. sulaco Sep 19, 2014

I stand corrected, sorry. The lume looked so white i thought it was Luminova, but now i enhanced the Picture and believe that the lume is mostly gone on the dial, but i still can be wrong, the Picture is not focussed enough.
    Once again, sorry.
    I would still go for the Ploprof thou.
    But keep in mind it is not that big.

Cheers

Rene

7. justwatching Sep 19, 2014

Thanks againfor the usefull info. Yes the ploprof does wear small but i dont mind since a have a small wrist. i hope my friend just gives me a good deal for the both of them