Forums Latest Members
  1. VinceCh64 Oct 9, 2017

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but everyone seems really polite and helpful. I apologize if this has been answered in the past but I couldn't find a sticky for it - probably cause it's a really beginner question?

How does international warranty work for Omega watches? - I'm looking into buying some used watches and had some questions to this.

Does this allow the watch to be serviced by Omega? If so, is there a duration on when this can be used or is it a lifetime warranty?

Thanks!

2. kreyke Oct 9, 2017

If the watch stops working within the warranty period, it is serviced for free and you just have to bring it to any authorised dealer.

Outside the warranty period, you can have it serviced by omega as long as it’s genuine, for as long as you want. But you have to pay for the service.

3. VinceCh64 Oct 9, 2017

Thanks kreyke!
    Which cards are needed to authenticate that? - Again, sorry if this is a dumb Q.

4. kreyke Oct 9, 2017

I don’t personally own a modern omega but I have other brands and most international warranties work the same.

You should get a warranty card/paper that is stamped with an AD name and/or address and dated. Most warranties last for 2-3 years. I think Rolex has a longer warranty.

If the warranty card is not stamped or dated, it means nothing.

5. VinceCh64 Oct 9, 2017

Understood. Thanks!