Forums Latest Members
  1. AlphaAnd Feb 21, 2015

New guy here... Got bitten by the 1950s era Seamasters and later Speedies. Have been trying to learn about new interest when BLAM, feel for one and bought - will post original 1954 Seamaster with original black dial when arrives.

Part of the reason I jumped was that I had seen so many poor quality watches of era, but also a lot of inexpensive/good-looking watches of the era - raising skepticism.

Specifically, wondering if anybody would comment on the large number of old Seamasters being sold out of India etc.? Example here: http://www.chrono24.com/en/omega/vi...manual-winding-wristwatch-mach--id2898772.htm

Expecting this are frankenwatches? Some other crime against humanity? Even my limitedly-educated gut knows these watches are wrong. Just trying to get me head to catch up.

So, small dent in my Speedy fund, but glad to make my first acquisition. Now finally have some understanding of the obsession. Uh-oh.

Thanks in advice - Geoff

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 21, 2015

New looking dial old looking movement your on the right track.

Post a picture of what your thinking off buying first on here,and you will get the good oil from the experts before you throw money away.