Forums Latest Members
  1. GarethS Nov 8, 2018

Greetings forum,

I'm a newbie to the forum - apologies in advance if I make any bloops...

I have a small collection of Omega watches and I'm looking to add a 1960's Constellation.

I have already made one mistake whilst buying off E-bay - Shame prevents me from sharing details but suffice to say that I'm now in a refund process.

So I'm very keen to avoid a repeat and to be honest not sure if any E-bay purchase comes with acceptable risks. But faced with very little choice and high shop prices I'm persisting to hunt one down on E-bay.

This one caught my eye and I would very much appreciate any feedback that members can provide
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113335437762?ul_noapp=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I contacted the seller who provided a picture of the movement (attached) that was used in the auction he bought it from

One major concern is that he says he will not refund - Can he even do that?

Thanks in advance

Connie 2.JPG Connie 1.jpg
    superfly likes this.
  2. Passover Nov 8, 2018

Hi Gareth,
    as far as I can see the watch is a redial and the lugs look quite polished.
    Would avoid this one for shure
    Take care

Edited Nov 8, 2018
    superfly likes this.
  3. Passover Nov 8, 2018

connieseamaster likes this.
  4. Rochete Nov 8, 2018

Case looks overpolished, dial looks dubious. Overpriced. All IMHO.

5. GarethS Nov 8, 2018

Many thanks for the advice chaps and the link to Desmond's excellent bloggs. It was after reading these that cemented my desire for a Connie - finding a decent one remains elusive however, but I'm getting better at spotted the misused and abused - there seem to be plenty out there...

6. Noddyman Nov 8, 2018

Spend a few months learning from Desmond's blog and here on OF. Knowledge and patience are key to finding a good one at the right price.
    P.S. The eBay watch (regardless of dial) is at least double what its worth.

X350 XJR likes this.
  7. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Nov 8, 2018

Welcome to OF!
    The Constellation with the "dog-leg" lugs is a very nice and unique design. A nice, unpolished example should have sharp flat facets on the lugs, little flat mirrors. This is especially true with the steel cased version. Be aware that that the dog-leg Connie is also known to have fakes on the market; better to ask the experts on the forum before pulling the trigger.

IMG_2614.JPG

Edited Nov 8, 2018
    superfly and Noddyman like this.
  8. GarethS Nov 14, 2018

Trigger pulled.

Have just purchased this from a member. Doesn't quite have the razor sharp facets of that stainless item but it's in pretty fine shape.

Just hope it survives the trip half way around the world...

IMG_2083.JPG Pic 9.JPG IMG_2085.JPG IMG_2089.JPG IMG_2086.JPG Pic 7.JPG
  9. Noddyman Nov 14, 2018

Very nice congratulations.
    Gold cap are never as defined as stainless steel, looks pretty good to me!

superfly likes this.