Forums Latest Members
  1. Aroma Nov 9, 2012

Hi guys,

I'm new here and new to Longines - I've been collecting Omegas for some years but always overlooked Longines. I know that the vintage Longines were good with fabulous movements, on a par with any of the big names but I am lacking in real knowledge of the brand. I am currently looking at this watch

[​IMG]

It is supposed to be 1970s and it is in 18k rose gold - can you tell me anything about the movement (it is not possible at the moment to get a movement shot) - is it an in-house movement or one that was modified. Is the dial OK - the 'Conquest' script looks a little odd compared to others I've seen on this forum. I'm used to spotting fake Omegas but I'm out of my depth here so any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 9, 2012

Dennis is the expert here and he will be along in due course , as he feels it in the force if anything having to do with Longines shows up.
    But to answer one of your questions, yes the dial is a refinish.

(I learned that from Dennis when he did a mind meld to determine my true watch inventory :unsure:)

3. ulackfocus Nov 9, 2012

It's a 50's watch with an in-house caliber 19AS (at least it's supposed to be going by the markers and crown) and as you suspect has a poor redial done sort of in the fashion of a 70's watch. Pass on it.

4. ulackfocus Nov 9, 2012

This is what the dial should look like:

Conquest19AS.jpg