Forums Latest Members
  1. BAJJ May 21, 2016

Hi Guys,
    First post and please excuse my stupidity :)
    I have been planning to by myself my first watch since I bought a Tag 200m professional way back in 1994. I was set on a Tag Aquaracer 500m but while researching I came across the Omega SMPc, couldn't get over the good looks. So while travelling on business I bought one at an Airport AD. It is a thing of great beauty, a work of art IMHO. With my rose tinted spectacles firmly in place I never noticed that the watch doesn't have the fabled red dot on the case back. Doh. However, reading tinternet I am finding some conflicting info, some saying all new omega's have this some saying that Omega stopped this last year. Would any of you be able to confirm either way?
    thanks. Photos to come once I find the camera..
    BAJJ

Dovahkiin likes this.
  2. Huus May 21, 2016

I believe Omega stopt applying the red dot on all new watches. Congratulations on the new watch and enjoy. You made a good choice there. Have you got a blue one or is it the black one?

3. BAJJ May 21, 2016

Thanks Huus, I thought long and hard and finally went for the black, in some lights the blue was, well, just too blue for my conservative tastes.

4. RichardMajor86 May 21, 2016

My Speedmaster didn't have the red dot.

5. BAJJ May 21, 2016

20160521_135003.jpg 20160521_123958.jpg A couple from today , great watch, first outing at sea, although not easy steering and taking pics

Spy, Nitzbar, GBTRIUMPH and 3 others like this.
  6. sky21 May 21, 2016

Great looking watch, perfect for nautical adventures!!

GBTRIUMPH, OMGRLX and BAJJ like this.
  7. GBTRIUMPH May 22, 2016

Nice watch, TERRIBLE list to port! (Or a rogue wave!) ;-) Kind of a neat picture. A LOT going on there!

BAJJ likes this.
  8. Bushido May 22, 2016

Great pictures and a perfect watch for boating, well done! Cheers and welcome to the forums :)

As to the dot/no dot question: I'm also under the impression that Omega had stopped placing the red dot on the case back not too long ago. I'm confident one of the members 'in the know' will come along and offer the answer concretely.

BAJJ likes this.