Forums Latest Members
  1. ktmog6uk Jun 19, 2013

Hi all, i've collected watches for a few years and have recently gone back to where i came in, namely vintage Omegas!
    I'm no expert on these but here are my current two, i know the Constellation is on the wrong bracelet and i'm currently trying to source either a suitable strap or bracelet.
    Any thoughts, info etc on these two greatly welcomed, especially model numbers as the are both beyond my skills to open up! Aplogies for the picture quality, i'm reduced to using my iphone as a cam currently!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheers!
    jon
    ktmog6uk

2. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 20, 2013

Respectable Member ktmog6UK

Welcome to this forum and probably over a period of time, the two in your collection will multiply.

Thank-you.

3. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Jun 21, 2013

Welcome ktmog6UK. I don't know much about the Constellation but I think your Seamaster is a De Ville from 1963 or there about's. They didn't start writing De Ville on the dial until after 63 I think. Yours looks to be a nice original watch and the 552 movements are very good and reliable. I'm sure the experts will correct me if I'm wrong. Do you know if they have been serviced?

[​IMG]

4. Varasc Jun 21, 2013

Lovely watches, very nice. Welcome and thank you for sharing!

5. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Jun 21, 2013

I just noticed your watch does not have Automatic written at the top. :rolleyes: Is it a manual wind?

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 21, 2013

Nice START to your Omega collection ;)

Welcome to the forum.

7. ktmog6uk Jun 21, 2013

Hi
    it is indeed a manual winder. Not sure on its service history but it's keeping to 3 secs a day!

8. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Jun 21, 2013

9. ktmog6uk Jun 21, 2013

Thanks for the replies chaps, especially with the info on the Seamaster! i didn't realise when looking it could be the same as the De Ville models.
    Onto the Constellation, i've managed to get a correct bracelet on Ebay which needs a refinish and some new end links, any idea what number part they are and where might be a good source?

cheers chaps!