Forums Latest Members
  1. Gaby Jun 12, 2012

I recently inherited my father's Seamaster Automatic Calendar, circa 1960's. It is not keeping time. It has not been worn in over 40 years+.

I wish to wear it and would like advice on where to have it serviced. Locally or by Omega and what kind of cost will I be looking at? I am in Atlanta, GA.

I took it to Tourneau who referred me to a local shop. This shop has overall received poor reviews.

Help.

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 12, 2012

Omega is going to charge somewhere close to $1,000 and take anywhere from 3 to 6 months to do the work. You could get an exact quote through an Omega Boutique in your area, but even that's going to take at least a month and the watch will need to be shipped to Switzerland. Although I suspect the watch has a great sentimental value to you, the cost will be more than the current value of the watch (unless it is 18K) to have Omega fix it up.

I've heard some good things about Womble Watch Works in Marietta, GA. Maybe give them a call first?

http://womblewatchworks.com/contact.php

I haven't used them myself, I only know what I've heard,
    gatorcpa

3. JohannesFact Jun 12, 2012

4. rbird7282 Jun 13, 2012

Try Jesse at JH Fine Watches. He is member omega564 or you can email him at [email protected]