Forums Latest Members
  1. Wivac Terribly special Oct 20, 2017

Hello all,

Confession time, thought I would finally post something…long time lurker, avid thread consumer, high end watch shop window licker.
    A few years ago I rescued two Omegas, buried at the bottom of a box of cheap promo watches, from my Grandpa’s belongings after he passed, both in poor conditions, think they’re 50-60’s ( any info greatly appreciated)? I’ve got the silver , my brother has the gold version. Omega brought them back to life, they get used a fair bit now.

Anyhoo, I digress, main point is I would like to say a big thank you to the members who post here, the knowledge I’ve gleaned over the last however long has been invaluable to my ever swerving focus of attention….which finally settled and I pulled the trigger, I’m currently sitting here sweaty palmed waiting for my Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.005 to arrive tomorrow.

This is part one. I cannot let all this good stuff go to waste , so the Speedy will be joined next year ( big birthday) by a PO, poss a 2500 dep on how it wears. Until then, I shall be hunting for straps for the Speedy.

Cheers all

Wiv.

OMega1.jpg
  2. panaitchrono Oct 20, 2017

Hi, and welcome to the forum..you'll find great info here and we hope in time you'll also share..regards

Wivac likes this.
  3. Shailor Oct 20, 2017

Welcome to the ranks of the Omega addicted. I went with the 2500. Most comfortable watch I've ever worn.

IMG_0384.JPG
    Wivac likes this.
  4. Wivac Terribly special Oct 20, 2017

I'm heading into a London in a couple of weeks to start trying some on, am already looking forward to it, suppose i should give some time to the Speedy first...

Shailor likes this.
  5. Wivac Terribly special Oct 21, 2017

The Speedy has landed, absolutely thrilled with it.

I'm considering swaping the strap to try the Nato, is there anything I should be aware of, outside of the instructions?

IMAG3590.jpg
    Kmart and Chinese_Mantis like this.
  6. jrrs Oct 21, 2017

Congrats ! I just got the same watch 8 days ago, and put it on NATO a few days ago. Swapping it out is no different then any other watch. The omega tool provided in the box is nice and effective. IMG_2758.JPG

Wivac likes this.
  7. Wivac Terribly special Oct 21, 2017

Awesome, thanks! That looks awesome. Shall Potter over to the strap thread and do some more reading....