Forums Latest Members
  1. ac106 Mar 19, 2015

Hi all

I have been lurking a while and doing some research as I plan to buy my wife and I Speedmasters for a combination anniversary/birthday present. I plan to get a standard Pro Moonwatch for myself but the wife wants something a little less manly. She really likes the 324.33.38.40.01.001 (Ladies 38MM Chrono) or even 3834.70.36 (older Ladies Reduced). She likes white, and no I can’t afford a WSOTM!

I tried to source a pre-owned with a few of the dealer types here and it appears that rarely come up for sale. I have been patiently waiting and I found an ad on the bay that is confusing

www.ebay.com/itm/121597262906Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

So the title is full of nonsense but it’s common to keyword spam so that doesn’t bother me.

They describe the dial as mother of pearl but AFAIK that is for the Ladies Speedmaster reduced not the 324.33.xx

Are they confused? Too much of a red flag?

Has anyone dealt with this seller before? Feedback is OK, nothing overly concerning

I really value the forum’s input. The collective knowledge is quite amazing actually.

Regards
    - A

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 19, 2015

The Speedmaster Reduced, which is what that is, is a piggyback chronograph movement that's very expensive to service relative to its value, so if you spend a decent amount buying it, you could spend close to that again just getting it to run. I wouldn't buy it personally. The 324.33.38.40.01.001 on the other hand is an excellent watch, although it looks very similar, its movement is 7750 derived and as a result is reliable, accurate and very cheap to maintain. It will cost you less in the long run than the reduced will, especially of you intend to keep the watch (and the wife) long term.

Event horizon and gemini4 like this.