Forums Latest Members
  1. dmdbbref Dec 30, 2016

Hi,

I am looking for a vintage Pie Pan and came across this one. The dial looks good to me, but the case back looks polished. Just want to make sure it is authentic and any other tips for a newbie. Thanks!

omega202080_big.jpg
    OMEGA CONSTELLATION CHRONOMETER 14 KARAT YELLOW GOLD ON STAINLESS STEEL FACTORY ORIGINAL DIAL SERVICED CONDITION 1960
    STOCK NUMBER # OMEGA202080-------I offer for sale an immaculately serviced and inspected original factory patina dial Omega factory made Constellation with a solid 14 karat tested rose gold bezel and heavy rose gold 14 Karat capped lugs on stainless steel. The back screw in yellow gold observatory gold disk has hardly any wear to be found which is amazing in itself. From lug to lug this Omega signed case is 44mm long and wide less the yellow gold Omega crown it is 35mm. The case has no personal engravings at all and the case reference number is 14381-3-SC which is correct. The dial I must say has a stunning patina to it and it is factory original never cleaned nor altered. The movement as the scans show you clearly is in impeccable serviced condition and it is a chronometer caliber 551 with 24 clean and inspected ruby jewels. The movement serial number is 17 million and this tells me it is from the year 1960 and truly runs like day one out of the Omega Swiss factory. I have serviced this piece and all parts to this 551 caliber movement are original Omega factory even the back case gasket that I just installed. If ever you were contemplating in purchasing a rare and highly sought after timepiece from the Omega family, well this is the one you want, original, serviced and in impeccable cosmetic condition with a factory never touched dial ;-)
    1600.00 USD
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. cristos71 Dec 30, 2016

It isn't a pie pan, this dial type is known as a rail track dial due to the trench running around it. The dial is dirty looking and not very attractive and the case front over-polished and it has a mis-matched YG crown. The rest looks alright but still a pass, especially at that price.