Forums Latest Members
  1. Kal Nov 29, 2016

I received this watch from my father last week. He found it back in the 1970's in an old home that he purchased/renovated and is interested in having me sell it for him. I am reaching out to this forum because I have no experience with watches.
    Since he wanted to wear the watch, my father went to an Omega dealer to have the piece cleaned and refurbished. It works perfectly.
    Of course I would like to learn as much as possible prior to listing this piece. In order to visit a jeweler to remove the caseback, I will need to travel so I am interested in getting a couple of questions answered first.
    Could this caseback be an original? In my limited research I have only seen the “Seamaster logo” version.
    Based on these photos, can someone please give me a rough estimate on its value? That way I will know if it is worth my while to proceed.
    Thanks for your time!

IMG_4275.jpg IMG_4285.jpg IMG_4290.jpg IMG_4292.jpg IMG_4295.jpg IMG_4297.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg
    Edited Nov 29, 2016
  2. Sanmilc Nov 29, 2016

3. Kal Nov 29, 2016

Thanks for your reply Sanmilc. At least I may have solved the caseback question.

4. Sanmilc Nov 29, 2016

Caseback cuestión?

Regards,
    César.

5. Kal Nov 29, 2016

If this is the original caseback then your reference post explains it could be a "presentation" style model. It was not engraved however.
    Still waiting for some feedback on its value...

6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 29, 2016

Movement photos? Did Omega replace the dial during the service?

7. Davidt Nov 29, 2016

Have you tried searching completed listings to get an idea of value?

8. Kal Nov 29, 2016

According to my father, I believe they did replace the dial.

9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 29, 2016

I figured as much. That is a big ht on the value. The knowledgeable people here will want to see pics of the movement and inside of caseback to give you further info, but the watch has lost it's most valuable asset. Did they sent the old dial and any other replaced parts back to your dad? If he has them, it is a big plus.

10. Kal Nov 29, 2016

I have looked at some sold listings on Ebay but, again, this watch has a SS caseback and no logo, so I felt that it may not be comparable to other Seamaster De Villes. Also, there were no exact matches for other details such as numbers, hands, etc.
    I will keep looking - this site is amazing...

11. Kal Nov 29, 2016

After speaking again with my father, he said that the crystal and dial were replaced with authentic parts. He thinks the face was merely cleaned and like the inside, just serviced. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any of the replaced parts.
    I have to travel to see an Omega dealer as I am not comfortable opening the caseback myself. Just wanted a rough value estimate to see which direction I should go next.
    Thanks for your remarks!