Forums Latest Members

Newbie here: I'm looking at SMP Chrono GMT vs. newer Aqua Terra 150M Co‑Axial Chrono GM

1. allsportsfan May 24, 2021

Hi All,

Newbie here looking for some input on your thoughts on the differences between the 2 watches which do essentially the same thing, but obviously, one's the older model vs. the newer model. I'm looking for the AT white dial vs. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DoctorEvil May 24, 2021

Hi there and welcome to the forum.
    Unfortunately I don't have first hand experience with either watch but from what I can see, which one you pick could come down to aesthetics. The Speedy looks more like a tool watch whilst the AT is dressier. If you're going to be wearing suits more often than casual wear, then I'd pick the AT. Just my two cents...

allsportsfan likes this.
  3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 24, 2021

You posted this question last Friday. Why post again?

allsportsfan likes this.
  4. allsportsfan May 24, 2021

Thanks for your opinion. I wanted other to chime in :)

DoctorEvil likes this.
  5. allsportsfan May 24, 2021

Thanks, sorry, I thought I might have posted in the wrong section so I thought I should re-post in the more appropriate section, that's all. No harm, no foul is what I thought.

blufinz52 likes this.
  6. funkright May 24, 2021

I own the second pictured watch, the Speedy Broad Arrow GMT Chrono, it's the only watch I have owned 2X. It's the only watch I ever regretted selling and it's the only watch I won't let go of. I've owned the AT version and hated the bracelet.

The aesthetics, for me, are not comparable; the layout doesn't look as good and it doesn't play as well in different environments (e.g. the Speedy Broad Arrow GMT Chrono goes from a suit to jeans and anywhere in between).

So, as you can tell, I am biased, but I have owned well over 100 watches and this is my experience!

7. allsportsfan May 24, 2021

Thanks Funkright. It says a lot when you missed it so much you bought it again, after selling it. It does have more options that's for sure. Greatly appreciate your comments.