Forums Latest Members
  1. ViperStripes Sep 3, 2015

I've been on TZ-UK for a couple of weeks and been reading up lots on Speedys before taking the plunge and buying one.
    I've found one I like the look of which is apparently a 145.021-67 cal 321 with a 1171/633 Bracelet (I realise 1039 is original)

Serial number sees to date it to 1965 which is my main concern. The hands and bezel look right i.e. not service replacements, with Dot over 90 but happy to be told otherwise. Pics below.

Amything else to be concerned about? I like the faded lume, adds a nice patina to it. Watch is to keep not sell on, but don't want to overpay too much. So estimates on value would be good as well please.

Serial Number.JPG Front.JPG
  2. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Sep 3, 2015

To me it looks like the original lume has been stripped off at some point and someone has touched up the plots and hands to look aged. Experts will chime in to confirm one way or another.

blubarb and cf999 like this.
  3. ViperStripes Sep 3, 2015

speedmaster101.com has actually assessed this very watch I've just had pointed out on TZ UK - basically it's a frankenwatch.

blubarb and grizzlycanuck like this.
  4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 3, 2015

5. wsfarrell Sep 3, 2015

Some people have amazing visual memories. I pored over the Knightsbridge catalog and never made the connection to this one.

6. JohnSteed Sep 4, 2015

To the OP ... one point you can consider is, IMHO, you will pay a big premium if you buy from WkB ... Take care

blubarb likes this.
  7. t_swiss_t Sep 4, 2015

Agreed @JohnSteed .

OP: I just spent some months looking for the right watch, seller, and price before taking the vintage Speedy plunge for the first time. I think you'd be able to find a 145.012 with original parts and with a dial in better shape for a similar (or better price after all the service fees from WKB) if you have some patience. Best of luck.

blubarb likes this.
  8. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Sep 4, 2015

In my opinion the best place is still eBay, if you are brave and can service, or here where you will find for the most part honest people and fair prices.
    Although to be fair not many 145.012's have been for sale on the forum recently.

alphasquare likes this.
  9. Concorde Sep 6, 2015

That case is from Ref. 105.012 CB of '66, pushers of a 145.012. You need pics of caseback to be sure what it is.

10. blubarb Sep 7, 2015

Not one Speedy I have seen in the WkB catalogue really justifies, for me at least, the additional costs incurred via the auction house - especially with the AUD and then duties getting it into Aus. Maybe I am missing something, but imo the prices being asked for these references plus the premiums seem...how do I put it...courageous.

The extra 3.6% premium for bidding on line seems just like rubbing the proverbial salt into the wound.

Edited Sep 7, 2015
    Spacefruit and t_swiss_t like this.