Forums Latest Members
  1. mark harpell May 4, 2018

very happy to find such a comprehensive source of information here.....
    Unfortunately, I recently inherited a "bowlful" of watches. So far, a TagHeuer fake, some basic timex, a nice old elgin pocket watch, a Kreiger Tidal Chrono, and this Omega Geneve....
    Really just want to know the vintage, is it real, is it gold?, how to clean it etc......as soon as I started handling it, it began working, nice and smooth and keeps time.....
    I dont dare try to take it apart as it looks like a lock ring on the back, not familiar with this.....
    Thanks in advance....these watches have sentimental value and I want to do whats right.....
    F4326DE9-0B31-4B04-A84C-CA7386289918.jpeg AFCB5CA3-7CE4-4CF0-BDA8-0B32CF32B6BD.jpeg

2. omegastar May 4, 2018

Hi, it is not gold but gold cap on stainless steel.

3. joeshmo1 May 4, 2018

4. pmontoyap May 4, 2018

Its genuine, its gold capped (which doesnt add to the value). From the pics I can see its a ladies watch, so unless you plan for someone else to use it on a regular basis there is no need to have it checked by a watchmaker. If you plan to store it in a drawer as a family heirloom leave it as is for now.

5. mark harpell May 4, 2018

Thanks...good read...it is a ladies watch, was my wife's who was the original owner. Ill store it until my daughter, hopefully, grows to appreciate it......thanks....

felsby likes this.