Forums Latest Members

New York City Speedy Tuesday Event Report

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Sep 24, 2019

[​IMG]
    Last week we held our 6th Speedy Tuesday Event this year, this time in the city that never sleeps: New York. Different from the previous editions were the topics we had for the guests of the New York City Speedy Tuesday event. We added the platinum Speedmaster with caliber 321 to the presentation given by […]

Visit New York City Speedy Tuesday Event Report to read the full article.

Bille, Jones in LA, scapa and 11 others like this.
  2. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 24, 2019

Hi Everyone

It was a great time . Chuck Maddox would have loved it and when you dedicated the event in his honor I had a tear in my eye. I was wearing his favorite Seamaster Pro Chronograph in Ti on my right wrist and my first Speedy 105-012-66 on my left . We were later told that the Platinum Speedmaster case is based on this reference ... When I was handled the Plat Speedy Gregory was staring at my Speedy and asked what ref if was . I just smiled and told him and he stared to closely examined it and smiled back !

Great time !

Fantastic thanks to you and Fratellowatches and Omega!!!!

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

kov, Jones in LA, rohnin and 5 others like this.
  3. EricCsN Sep 24, 2019

Chuck Maddox was truly the Omega extraordinaire, a maestro, a hugely gifted writer, and a true giant who did so much . I wish an annual omega event will permanently bear his name.

Robert-Jan and Lonestar like this.
  4. wiem0014 Sep 24, 2019

Incredible event, and awesome report! The pictures were really great, but I didn't see the big group shot that we took on stage at the end of the event. Did those not turn out as well as hoped?

Robert-Jan likes this.
  5. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Sep 24, 2019

I can spot a few familiar faces, known from other meetings on other continents... Awesome!!!

Robert-Jan likes this.
  6. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Sep 24, 2019

Hi,

That photo was taken by Omega and not by our Bert 'Berti' Buijsrogge. I will ask Omega for that photo.

RJ

7. jcz5 Sep 24, 2019

@Robert-Jan will Omega posts the photo they took somewhere viewable by the public?

Blackdog likes this.
  8. larryganz The cable guy Sep 25, 2019

Please don't make me regret selling my Ti SMP chronograph as partial trade for a Rolex Sea Dweller 43mm this summer. I just wasn't wearing it, and it looked mint after being serviced by Omega and sitting in a safe for 5 years.

Bill Sohne and Robert-Jan like this.
  9. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Sep 25, 2019

No, they will send it to me and I will mail it to the attendees.

10. wiem0014 Sep 25, 2019

That's awesome. Thank you for that RJ, and for signing my ST1 card!

11. FlyingSnoopy Sep 25, 2019

Looks like you had a great time!
    Thanks for sharing it with us!