Forums Latest Members

New Year’s Resolutions 2020

1. rob#1 Jan 2, 2020

Thought I’d start a thread on OF members’ resolutions for the new year - basically watch-related resolutions (that, in line with normal new year’s resolutions, only last for a few days or weeks :unsure:).

One resolution I have is to stop buying new straps and NATOs for my Speedy, and another is to stop hankering after a new diver...

Anyone else got any resolutions that they reckon they’ll stick to?

2. MyVintageOmega Jan 2, 2020

I can add a very odd resolution but certainly true. Eleven years ago I tore off (snapped bracelet) my Yacht master while diving in the Philippines shooting a Cressi Star 55 spear gun that got hooked up. I had to fly out 2 days back to the West. I watched it sink to about 60 meters on a reef near Apo Island Philippines. I intend to recover it this year. I will be using metal detection but unfortunately I must be doing a diving NO, NO...................... will dive solo in dangerous conditions I am sure......but oh well!

3. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jan 2, 2020

Not a new years resolution as such but this year I plan to focus more on having cases of existing watches in my collection refurbished ahead of buying more watches.

Give the collection I have some love.

The SMF300 will probably be first to head off to STS, maybe later the MK2 Speedy and also full works for the Great White at some point.

Should occupy most of the year.

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 2, 2020

chronos likes this.
  5. FREDMAYCOIN Jan 2, 2020

To stop buying watches.

oinkitt, Om3ga321 and Larry S like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 2, 2020

Yep

FREDMAYCOIN and Om3ga321 like this.
  7. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jan 2, 2020

Rebuild my Speedmaster and Constellation collection to what it was 2 years ago. Why oh why did I sell them ::facepalm1::