Forums Latest Members

New Watch, Seamaster Professional Ceramic, Dream Realized, And Thanks!

1. GoDuke1 Oct 1, 2013

I have been wanting an Omega for quite sometime. I own a vintage Rolex, and thought I wanted a vintage Omega to join it. A few hobbies later (Ham Radio being one of them) and watches starting taking a backseat. While on a recent business trip up to Michigan, I saw an Omega Boutique and just HAD to stop in. Well, I left with a red bag, with a white box inside. So obviously it wasn't a vintage piece... So what was it? :)

I ended up with a SMP with the ceramic bezel and gloss black dial. Never was a fan of the wave dial, so this one sang to me. Very happy with it so far, but it's only been 2 days.

I haven't even taken pics of it yet, but I will take some and post it up Thursday when I have some downtime.

I'd like to thank Dennis for all his help in the past when it came to vintage pieces, and knowledge on some of the modern ones too.

khoalety likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Oct 1, 2013

Chris, you know the rules - pics or it didn't happen! :p

3. GoDuke1 Oct 2, 2013

Ok a down a dirty iPhone pic for now.

[​IMG]

Spy, Lundy, khoalety and 2 others like this.
  4. LeDave Oct 2, 2013

Awesome choice. I bought the exact same timepiece as you just last week. I agree that the wave face looks kind of messy. The clean solid black face with glossy ceramic bezel is the way to go. Congratulations to both me and you! Here's a photo with the 5 ring zulu on, trying to preserve the OEM bracelet from scratches.

[​IMG]

Spy and khoalety like this.
  5. GoDuke1 Oct 2, 2013

That piano black dial is just gorgeous and is the feature I like the best. The bezel changes color from a deep black to a faint silver depending on the light, and the numbers from a silver to faint gold, again depending on the light.

Looks great on the Zulu!

Lundy likes this.
  6. Luiz Oct 8, 2013

Congratulations!

7. rgilbert24 Oct 12, 2013

Have the same watch and it is my favorite in the collection. Build a quality is fantastic. I have had it now for about two months and it still looks like new. Congats on your purchase.

8. rgilbert24 Oct 12, 2013

P.S. Like it on the Nato strap as well. Will have to get me one of those!

9. khoalety Oct 12, 2013

Congrats on your new Omega watch. The people at the OB you visited are very nice. :thumbsup:

10. GoDuke1 Oct 13, 2013

Yes the gentleman at the Troy, MI OB was great. I came in 10 mins before they closed and they took the time to show me every watch I wanted to see. Stayed late do do all the paperwork and show me the features, adjust the bracelet and offered me a glass of champagne. White glove treatment.

Lundy likes this.
  11. khoalety Oct 13, 2013

My wife told me to buy a watch from them next time, since my son and I spent a lot of time looking at the Omega watches at this OB and they were super nice to us every time we stopped by. :)

12. OttawaMan Oct 13, 2013

Love the watch. Have the exact same one but I have to be honest. What is it with nylon nato straps? I just don't get it. I have a strap like that on my Timex Expedition and quite honestly, that's where it belongs. Not on a classy timepiece like this. It's like my love for my Porsche Cayman...when I see what some people do to them...it breaks my heart. A Cayman isn't supposed to have a whale tail!!! (getting off my soap box now) Gorgeous watch. Put the bracelet back on or get a leather strap. Stay classy.

Lundy and joeh4384 like this.
  13. Lundy Nov 14, 2013

Bought the same watch a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it!

14. khoalety Nov 15, 2013

I don't like the SMP black dial in picture but in person it is good looking. :cool:

Lundy likes this.
  15. Lundy Nov 15, 2013

I've noticed that also....kinda cool.

16. khoalety Nov 15, 2013

Look what I found... I like it.

OmegaSMT300.jpg
    Lundy likes this.
  17. Lundy Nov 16, 2013

Did you make a purchase?

18. khoalety Nov 16, 2013

Sorry! The post was misleading. I found the picture I took, that was what I meant. Not yet! I'm thinking about it. I'm debating between this one and the Speedmaster Racing with the yellow needles. They didn't have in the store for me to compare. I'm not in a hurry at the moment! :coffee:

19. Lundy Nov 16, 2013

It looked like you were in a Jewelry store, so I assumed...

20. Spy You know my name. Nov 27, 2013

It is gorgeous. Good choice!