Forums Latest Members

New Watch Day, with a problem

1. B Chas Mar 26, 2019

I found a nice example of a watch I really wanted, a Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronograph 2512.50, compete with hang tag & Warrantee card, both with serial numbers that match the watch, photos below (or it didn’t happen). It looks great, but unfortunately it failed time keeping and pressure tests when I brought it to my local Miami Omega Authorized Service Center. They inspected and tested the watch for free, told me it needs ball bearings and updated parts and said I should have it serviced at a cost of $680, discounted from $750.

So…….I paid $3,200 for the watch and if I pay for the service my cost is $3,880. The watch is beautiful, the service center said it has a new bracelet and is in almost mint condition. The seller, a jeweler in New York who has a 100% positive ebay rating, thinks the tests are flawed, however offers to fix the watch if I send it back. I’ve read non authorized service uses non original parts. Think the Authorized Service is worth it over the sellers repairs? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. 1.JPG 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg