Forums Latest Members
  1. superclarkey Oct 21, 2016

sorry sure loads of people freak out when buying a new watch with a rotating bezel, just got myself a new 300m seamaster pro, ceramic, just a little concerend with the level of play with it from new..

I guess it has a spring that holds it up away from the case, so only natural that if i press down on it that it will move a very small amount, but it doesnt seem equal all the way around, thats what worries me.

At the 1oclock position if you press it down softly, when you release it clicks, easily audible, the rest does the same but makes no worrying noises, it has play in up/down left/right a fair bit too in the same plane as the face of the watch, again i presume it needs the clearences otherwise it would bind up, so not freaking out about that.

Should it click as you press it up and down, can anyone else tell me if they have same issue? Well not really an issue but as its a few days old now would be the time to do something about it i guess..

Thanks

Omeg@007 likes this.
  2. superclarkey Oct 21, 2016

With a little more playing about with the watch, I realised you can view the gap at the 12 and 6 o'clock position, as the click feels to me like something is making it "stick" down then releases which makes it sound at fault, i rotated the bezel 2 oclock position so it was at the 12 oclock postion i could clearly see what looked like glue or something adhesive of some kind?! It was black, cleary not meant to be there.. watch this video at the end youll see what i mean its almost delayed in the click from when i release slight pressure..

Again watch is brand new, only been worn a few hours so Ive not spilt anything on it or anything like that..

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 22, 2016

There is some play in the bezel, and it appears you are compressing the click spring that is under the bezel. Can't say if that amount is normal as I don't have one here to compare it to. You could always visit an AD or boutique and compare to others there.

4. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 23, 2016

I had same issue with my new 2016 Planet Ocean 600m master chronometer. I took it to OB where i bought from and the representaor there inspected and immediately said: not normal. He suggested to take it to service center for more inspection ( ofcourse i told him: i need a new one and not fixed watch since only has been for the watch 2 hours ..lool )...

The service center replied that: it is defected and i must get a new replacement :)

by this Wednesday, i should get it and really hope it is normal....( guys pray for me ) :)

It would be better to take it back and get a replacement if it is very new.

Good Luck

5. superclarkey Oct 23, 2016

Its 7/8 days old, also found a defect in the silver markings on the bezel at the 2 oclock position, looks like a darker area or dirt, need to go back and discuss that with them also. Luckly when i bought it took a picture even though i hadnt noticed it at this point, because ive not really worn it.. would you take it back for that defect?

IMG_7549.JPG
  6. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 23, 2016

for sure i will take it as long as it is new and never worn and will not accept other than a replacement. The OB guy is nice and i have instructed him when he gets the replacement to check for the defects mentioned earlier and then get it. I will try also to get some refund for such issue ( if possible )

7. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 23, 2016

BTW, is your model is 2015?..my self no expert in 300m ;)

8. superclarkey Oct 23, 2016

I bought it brand new a week ago but on the box there was a sticker saying jan 2015, it did make me wonder? Now im worried, is there a difference? I did think it was strange at the time?

9. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 23, 2016

Naah..no worries mate!

i was wondering if Omega released this watch in 2016. But seems no. yours is the latest :)

take the watch to AD or OB where you bought from and ask for replacement....

10. superclarkey Oct 23, 2016

Haha you made me shit myself then as i was like ive been stiched up, i presumed it was the last batch that was made as im sure they dont sell 1000's in each shop per year..

Strange how a new watch can sit idle for nearly 2 years and still be new lol

11. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 23, 2016

hahaha......

indeed,,and i assume you got it for nice price?

12. superclarkey Oct 23, 2016

When i bought my speedmaster pro i got 13% off retail, with this i couldnt get anyone to discount it, had the wedge of cash with me too :-( trust me i really tried and no deal, OB flat out said no discount whatsoever, i got the 13% discount at goldsmiths or all places!

13. superclarkey Oct 23, 2016

So in short paid retail :-(

14. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 23, 2016

thats sometime make it annoying, but anyway, you are an Omega holder :)

15. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 23, 2016

BTW, would love to see your watch complete with box and everything :)
    i got mine in a plastic box ( guess a new way to cost effect? )

imagine, i have placed an order of mine from Omega Switzerland Factory 1 month back, and arrived last Monday and in less than 2 hours i felt disappointed with the bezel noise..huuh...something annoying when you pay huge amount...but life never ends ;)

16. superclarkey Oct 23, 2016

Yes, very luckly to have new speedy and new seamaster, feel like i have all my bases covered between the two :)

The 300m feels like a more daily friendly watch with shaphire crystal and cremic bezel, the speedy with its plastic face and highly poslished everything seems more at home when i go out on the night :)

They might not straight up replace the seamaster as I have a few marks on the bracelet already, we will have to see what they say. Clearly been wearing it as its a watch and thats what you do with them lol

I do love my Omegas :)

17. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 23, 2016

ohh i though the watch is unworn as i believe i read it like this :)

but again, try for the replacement..

18. superclarkey Oct 23, 2016

I will post a few images later for you of the box, its very nice, has the wooden lightly wood box, very lush.

The speedmaster on the other hand came in the brief case collectors box lol.

19. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Oct 23, 2016

Awesome!..thanks..

my self i need to find a decent box for my watch as here they have the old red leather box ( i dont like it ). love the wooden beige color one ;)

20. superclarkey Oct 23, 2016

Also i had an issue with my bezel, check out my other thread on here about noise as it was sticking, felt shit to turn.. i took some dental floss and gave it a few passes to clean glue or whatever it was away, its totally different now and feels and sounds nice..