Forums Latest Members
  1. omegaaddict Mar 19, 2017

Posted in another thread that I was expecting this new toy from china.

Sourced it directly from a manufacturer and with express shipping to Dubai got it for less than half of what I could find it for anywhere else (shipping not included)

Really happy with it! Now if only I can figure out how to turn the damn lights off!!

IMG_4052.JPG

Russian nesting boxes

IMG_4053.JPG

What could it be?

IMG_4055.JPG

IMG_4056.JPG

IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4058.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

Any suggestions on how best to set it?
    Clockwise, counter clockwise, Both?
    How many rotations per day?

I can set each individual rotor separately. So if there's a middle ground for all of them great!

Otherwise if the more knowledgeable people here can pitch in on what settings work best for the watches in my collection then I can try to pair them together and set things accordingly.

I currently have them all set for rotating both ways 200 times a day.

akshayluc420, EatMan, Jwit and 3 others like this.
  2. omegaaddict Mar 19, 2017

Figured out how to turn the lights off!

Now welcoming any settings suggestions!

wkimmd likes this.
  3. semper_shells Mar 19, 2017

I have no suggestions on how to set it or what to set it to. However, I can say that is a great looking box for a great collection. May I ask for the link?

On another note, I also have the heritage black bay as well as the loinges chrono. Small world!

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 19, 2017

800 alternating should cover most watches.

Jwit likes this.
  5. omegaaddict Mar 19, 2017

Cheers!

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 19, 2017

7. omegaaddict Mar 19, 2017

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. omegaaddict Mar 19, 2017

9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 19, 2017

I hate to sound like a kill joy but knowing what good ones go for, I must caution that cheap winders may do more harm than good. They will not necessarily meet the specs of the movements and will fail within a year or two. Use the Orbita site for movement settings but I've made a decision not to use winders anymore and I own three expensive units.

Edited Mar 19, 2017
  10. ohmzx Mar 19, 2017

is it loud to have 6 motors running together? Look cool tho.

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 19, 2017

You can't overwind an automatic. I've got 3 winders and never use them except if I know something's in the rotation for the week. Yes you get a litttle more wear keeping them all going but if you swap a lot why not. Mine tend to be on a wrist for a week with the beater on a winder most of the time in case I want it.

Jwit likes this.
  12. omegaaddict Mar 19, 2017

It's only cheap relatively, it's still an expensive winder but i just bought it from the source instead.

13. omegaaddict Mar 19, 2017

Yea I tend to switch mine out daily. Possibly multiple times a day as well

14. adi4 Mar 19, 2017

Nice, and it looks like if you're switching out across that many watches over the week, it makes sense. Would be major overkill for my collection of mostly hand-winders and quartz though, and I usually wear the automatics constantly if they're on the wrist. Congrats!

Foo2rama likes this.
  15. omegaaddict Mar 19, 2017

No they're super quiet. You can hear a mild hum with the door open. But nothing at all with the for closed

16. omegaaddict Mar 19, 2017

I don't switch out that often, and to be honest the switching out is usually limited to the more "elite" watches in my collection.

Some of the one lower on the scale get seldom worn. The CW diver I only wear for diving so is a keeper.
    Others have some emotional attachement such as the Revue Thommen and Louis Errard so will keep for now even though seldom worn.
    The zodiac sea dragon I love the look off but will probably let go soon. The glycine green is in the chopping block.

The CW world timer id love to get rid off. But after CW slashed its price permanently it means I would lose too much on resale so would also rather keep it.

17. Aronis Jul 22, 2017

That photo string is hilarious. You have outdone the most avid Apple devotee in their Apple Unboxing Videos!

I'm looking for a TWO watch winder since I have only one mechanical and plan on buying a second. If I ever need a spot for a third, my wife will shoot me.

Mike