Forums Latest Members

New to Zenith, looking for opinions 90/01 0420 400

1. igatomic Feb 25, 2020

Hello all,

I'm intrigued by this Zenith square El Primero Auto. Looking at past sales, they seem like they are all over the place, from mid $3k down to low 1k range. What would a 'fair' estimate be? Also, does the face colour also affect value? I'd rank them personally as black, white and copper in my preference. I have attached a photo for reference. s-l500.jpg

Lastly, would any 19mm Zenith metal bracelet fit the watch?

Thanks in advance!

moyrules likes this.
  2. igatomic Feb 27, 2020

Anybody? Bueller? **crickets**

3. CaptainWinsor Feb 28, 2020

I can’t give you an estimate as I tend to focus on the older Zenith pieces but you can’t go wrong with the El Primero. It’s a beautiful watch. I have the annual calendar but other than that, everything is 1940-60s.

igatomic likes this.
  4. moyrules Feb 28, 2020

Lovely watch. I would prefer black.

There’s a version with bracelet. Look for it if you like steel bracelet, don’t think adding a bracelet is a good option.

if you buy a El Primero for less than 2k, it will be a great deal.

igatomic likes this.
  5. stuart70 Feb 29, 2020

Hi,
    These date around the late 1990’s which most collectors seem to ignore, and can be undervalued.
    Rossler quotes that there are 530 black,1340 white,150 blue and 630 copper. So all quite rare.
    The only advice I can give is make sure date wheel matches the dial. I have seen several with black dials and white date wheel.

igatomic likes this.
  6. m neuman What, me worry? Mar 3, 2020

These have always underperformed the market in Zenith. They are at the end of their best period. I have sold my group of them some time ago but the last one a white one took over a year to sell which was 8 months ago and only achieved £1700. They are good looking and the coloured ones in particular. There was never a metal bracelet for these. They all came on crocodile bands, black, brown, blue.

igatomic likes this.