Forums Latest Members

New to vintage! Need help with identifying watch, fake or real??

1. joshuajovianus Aug 14, 2017

Hi there Omega Forums! I've been following this forum for a while now and have been reading for the past couple of months. But this is my first time posting on this forum :) so please go easy on me!

I am very new to vintage and I just bought couple of watches from Ebay. I've been buying pretty affordable watches because simply I am new and I wanted to start with not too expensive watches. However, I'm afraid that I might have made couple of mistakes by not really understanding the watch type and there's a possibility they are fake and not genuine :( I'm going to post some photos of the watches that I got from Ebay.

Can you guys please help me to identify the price approximately and also if they are fake or real or even maybe they have been redialed or refinished? I apologize if some of the questions are stupid, but I have researched for information about the watch but I'm still not sure of the details of the watch.

First of all : Omega Seamaster Deville

omega seamaster deville 1.jpg omega seamaster deville 2.jpg omega seamaster deville 3.jpg omega seamaster deville 4.jpg omega seamaster deville 5.jpg

Apart from the case has been polished, why the caseback has no logo on it? I thought there should be a seamonster logo on the back. Could it be a fake? The seller also didn't post the movement because he / she said they need to be opened by a watch maker because the case has to be opened from the top. I know it was not wise to buy a watch without seeing the movement but I got it for a pretty decent price. It would be great if you guys can tell me what is the movement type as well because the seller didn't know :( Also, do you know the price approximately for this watch?

Second : Chronographe Suisse

chronographe suisse 1.jpg chronographe suisse 4.jpg chronographe suisse 7.jpg chronographe suisse 8.jpg chronographe suisse 9.jpg

Can you guys tell me about the brand? I did my research and people have said that this is not a big brand. It was meant for tourists who went to Swiss and wanted to bring back a Swiss made watch as a souvenir. Any idea if this has been redialed? Do you know the price approximately for this watch?

Third : Mirexal Chronograph Panda

mirexal chronograph panda 1.jpg mirexal chronograph panda 2.jpg mirexal chronograph panda 3.jpg mirexal chronograph panda 4.jpg

I simply bought this because it is Panda dial and it's vintage. I know the brand Mirexal itself is very small and it is a brand that was sold in department stores back in the days. Can you guys tell me more about the brand and this type specifically? I got it for the cheapest price compared to the other two, but do you guys know the price approximately for this watch?

That's it for now. Again, thank you so so much for reading this post and for responding to it. I really appreciate it :)

Josh

2. joshuajovianus Aug 14, 2017

Any information is much appreciated! Thanks again :)

3. panaitchrono Aug 16, 2017

Hi

I'm not an expert but from what I know on the vintage Omega watches it's not necessary that a logo to be shown on the case outside of the watch. Only inside the case the logo has to be stamped and case ref. So to be sure you have to open it..there are many fake vintage Omega watches..made from other watches. I also bought myself one..:)..that's how I learn it..

Regards

4. albertob Aug 16, 2017

Looking outside the omega looks OK. Crown is not original.
    As suggested, try to post photos of the movement. Below my Geneve opened to show you the movement and the logo stamped with ref.

Cheers

IMG_0185.JPG
  5. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Aug 16, 2017

Since we're into 613 movements....... image.jpeg

albertob likes this.
  6. Edward53 Aug 17, 2017

Of the watches you show here, I like the Mirexal. It's got an attractive case, pushers and dial, and the 7733 movement is a good reliable one descended from the well-regarded Venus 188. I'm just slightly concerned that part of the movement seems to be trying to climb out of the case.

I think the Chrono Suisse might have been redialled but if so it's been done quite well. You need to look at the numbers through a glass - do for example all the 5s on the same circuit look the same? Are the edges sharp or blurred? Also, I think you've posted these watches elsewhere with prices? IIRC the Mirexal was very reasonable and the CS was overpriced so overall they balance each other out.

The back of the Omega has been so heavily polished that I suspect an inscription has been removed.

One more thing: don't keep asking the same questions in different threads as this annoys people. Bump up a single thread if you aren't getting the answers, and be patient. People here have lives as well as this forum.