Forums Latest Members

New to vintage need help on a 15200

1. Jking something intelligent and witty... Jun 8, 2016

During my search for a pre-owned omega/Rolex I spoke to a rare coin/gold dealer that also picks up some watches from time to time. At the time he didn't have anything in stock so I ended up with a Seamaster AT 2500c I found from a seller on this site. Anyway guys calls me back yesterday with this Rolex 15200 that was just serviced and had a new crystal put in. He wants 2k for it...it sounds low for a Rolex but I honestly have no idea. I took a few photos with my phone and they are the best I could do. I honesty want something nicer later and my thought is if this is a good deal I could buy it, keep it for a bit, flip out of it toss another 2k on top and get a pre-owned explorer. Then rinse and repeat over time until I can grab a nice sub or even a brand new DJ and really only end up out of pocket the original 2k when it's all done. Not sure how feasible of a plan that would be but the first step would be making sure I can get my money back on this and not getting hosed on this watch! Thanks in advance for any help.

image.jpeg image.jpeg