Forums Latest Members
  1. osnola ibax Jul 20, 2019

Hi folks,

I was just looking for opinions on this watch. I have seen a couple of very similar looking manual wind Dennison cases watches elsewhere on t'internet. I suspect the crown was substituted at one stage as the Omega mark on the crown contains the "naiad / mercedes" symbol.

Also, you can see from the 7 0clock pic, that the hour hand is fast by one full index. I bought this from an Irish buy and sell website. The gentleman said he bought it from a watchmaker in Naples around 10 years ago and that it was recently serviced. I was wondering really a few questions.

Do you think this may be a Frankenwatch?
    Do you think it was worth €375 I paid for it?
    Do you think its possible that this watch could have a Naiad crown?
    How difficult / what do you suspect is involved in getting the hour hand realligned.

20190720_070023.jpg 20190717_182537.jpg 20190717_130614.jpg IMG-20190718-WA0001.jpg IMG-20190718-WA0003.jpg IMG-20190718-WA0002.jpg IMG-20190718-WA0000.jpg
  2. seekingseaquest Jul 20, 2019

Google the reference number to confirm the correct crown. I would expect something more similar to mine below but I’m not familiar with this Dennison case reference. Other than the crown, it seems original. The second hand is the right length but it’s a bit odd that it’s aged so differently than the other hands.

Watches are very frequently sold “serviced” when they weren’t actually serviced, at least well. I would assume it needs service and a watchmaker could take care of the hour hand then.

Regarding the price, it seems a bit high given the dial condition. But it depends on how much you like it of course.

C90A26A1-B3EF-46E9-B7E3-3AB1C8750CA7.jpeg

3. osnola ibax Jul 20, 2019

Wow, your watch is beautiful. Yeah, the seconds hand looks like a different colour altogether, almost copper like. It may be a service replacement.

The dial is in poor condition but I love it. I think I was so afraid of getting a re-dial that I plumped for a very patinated watch. Having joined this forum, I can see much better quality exists out there.

That said, it has a lot of originality to it and I am really enjoying it. I just ordered an olive nubuck leather strap whichI think will set it off.

Thanks for your reply. Great info on this site.