Forums Latest Members
  1. lillatroll Jan 31, 2015

Hello, I have just joined this Site, I have liked old watches for a few years now but have recently decided that I am going to concentrate on Omega watches, although my last purchase was a 1991 Tag Hueur Chrongraph, this is my everyday watch. I own a 1973 Omega megahertz and a 1969 chronostop drivers watch, I do wear them on a weekly basis. I want a dynamic and I am looking to purchace a 1952 seamaster very soon. Otherwise I live a quiet life with my wife, work as a teacher and enjoy books, boxing and traveling. I grew up in Wales, lived in Norway and now live in Kuwait. I

rogart likes this.
  2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 31, 2015

Welcome to the forum.
    Sounds as if you have a couple of nice pieces, never hesitate in posting images, we love them.
    Love your résumé, especially the book reading, teaching and the clincher a "boxer". Wish I had someone like your good self back in my schooldays.

3. Drawarms Jan 31, 2015

Welcome!

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 1, 2015

Hi and Welcome to the nuthouse.

As a newcomer I won't penalise you for breaking one of the cardinal rules of the forum, BUT!!!!!!!!!

images.jpeg

5. lillatroll Feb 2, 2015

6. lillatroll Feb 2, 2015

This is my 1973 megahertz, I bought in Los Angles in 2010. I t had been sitting in a safe until 2010 which is when I bought it. It did not have the original strap. The strap on it at presant is the only omega strap I have found so far that would fit. It has 22mm lugs so it is quite big. If I come across the correct strap I would like to buy it. I love this watch, but I have been told it would be difficult to find parts for it if it broke down so I was advised not to wear it too often.

7. lillatroll Feb 2, 2015

8. lillatroll Feb 2, 2015

This is my 1969 Chronostop drivers watch. I bought this last April on ebay. It was my wedding gift to my self. when I got this watch I was a tiny bit diaspointed becuase it was so small, It looked bigger in the pictures, it took about 10 minutes for me to fall in love with it again though. I love he fact that when people see it and see that it is the wrong way round that they want to talk about the watch, older people and younger people alike. i would like to buy a dynamic watch, but I don t want the blue one, any other colour but blue. I would also like a 1950 s seamater and the micheal schumacker watch from 1991 in yellow with the yellow strap. Its difficult to get my wife to understand why I would want a watch at all never mind more than one, so I have to wait a while in between purchases