Forums Latest Members
  1. RuGaFe Jan 22, 2018

Hi, I'm Ruben and new to this wonderful forum. I've been collecting watches for a number of years and I'm now in a position to be able to acquire an Omega, a watch I've always wanted to have since I was a kid. I'm particularly looking at a Speedmaster triple date, with a non-blue/black dial from the year 2000 onwards. I would like to find a mint example in fully working order, as this would be my sole watch. I have looked on Ebay, Crown and Caliber, Bob's watches, so far but I'm afraid to purchase something of that value without knowing that the previous owner really took care of it. Thus, my reaching out to you guys, much more experience in finding these type of time pieces. Any advice you may have is very welcome!!

Vitezi and dan7800 like this.
  2. dan7800 Jan 22, 2018

Welcome!

Hang around for a while, and you will learn much. Patience is key.

RuGaFe likes this.
  3. RuGaFe Jan 22, 2018

Thank you, dan7800, for the reply! I'm already starting to learn a lot about Omega in general and the particular watch I'm looking for.

4. kwiklot Jan 23, 2018

Welcome to the forum, I read quite a bit the first few days, you will learn much more from the very knowledgeable people here.

RuGaFe likes this.
  5. RuGaFe Jan 23, 2018

Thank you Kwiklot! I'm already learning a lot. BTW, big fan of your pic.

6. kwiklot Jan 23, 2018

Haha yes it seems we have many star wars fans here, pick something for your avatar so we can start knowing when you post. :)

RuGaFe likes this.
  7. RuGaFe Jan 23, 2018

There you go. I'm not entirely set on it, but it will do in the interim until I find the avatar it truly strikes my fancy.

8. kwiklot Jan 23, 2018

Haha very nice I can dig that, Star Wars lovers unite!!!! Except for the last movie peeyew.

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 23, 2018

Mk40 in all black? Is that what you want?

And welcome!!

RuGaFe likes this.
  10. RuGaFe Jan 23, 2018

Thanks Foo2rama, for your offer. I'm looking for a Speedmaster triple date in mint condition, box and papers, with a white or blue dial. I would preferably like to see an example from 2000-2010, but I know I may be asking for too many particulars. Although the Mk40 in black is a gorgeous watch, it doesn't strike my fancy. Since you mentioned it, do you have any pics you are willing to share to admire it?

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 23, 2018

The triple date is the mk40... I’m trying to understand which color you want.

RuGaFe likes this.
  12. RuGaFe Jan 23, 2018

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the Mk40 is, in fact, the triple date. Thanks for that!