Forums Latest Members
  1. spring-detent Aug 31, 2012

Hi everyone,

I have this constellation, the paperwork states sold in 1966, calibre 551(?), and case 167005,

Although there's no mention of a bracelet, i've been told these were sold as a seperate accesory anyway?

So it wouldnt make me a 'frankenmaster' to get my hands on one for personal use?!

I was hoping some of the members here would be able to point me in the direction of the correct style of 1960's bracelet that I can attach to this model, perhaps the markings to look for and any other important information before taking the plunge,

P.S I see a member has an SS BOR bracelet for sale on this forum, maybe the right style?

And this one looked nice on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Rar...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item1c2ab5d9e3Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The sellers title is great - Super Rare! LOL

Thanks inadvance,

T IMG_1094.jpg

2. ulackfocus Aug 31, 2012

No issues adding a BoR to a vintage Omega from anyone that I know. :thumbsup:

3. hang10 Aug 31, 2012

BoR bracelets are classic, and very comfortable. Please note that for best fit you should check the lug spacing on your case to make sure it matches the end pieces of the band you purchase. Some Connie cases are 19mm spacing. 18mm will obviously fit but will have some excess space.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 2, 2012

I recently put a BoR bracelet on a vintage Seamaster. Like yours, it wasn't designed for one but very pleased I did it. It was a pain to find what fit, but Ted at Ted's Vintage Watches was very helpful.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 2, 2012

Of the two BTW, there's a 5 row BOR and a 7 row BOR, the 5 row is not only better looking but its also more comfortable (a little). The 7 row doesn't look quite as nice but still decent, its not quite as comfy IMO but its stronger and doesn't stretch as easily.

BoRs do stretch in time, sometimes a little, sometimes a LOT. I've got one that can loop around almost twice on itself.