Forums Latest Members

New to the collection +++ The Sub

1. valjoux72 Dec 18, 2017

Sometimes it doesn´t take much to make us happy.
    12 close.jpg

These unique numerals stay for what is at least for me one of the most beautiful vintage diver dial designs ever!!
    Even better if you find it on a double signed dial (MF), what is really uncommon.

6 double sign.jpg

Just love that the lume of the hands matches the beautiful patina of the dial.

Lume close.jpg

The bezel has aged over the years, washed out by the sea.

bezel close.jpg

The big crown underlines the masculine impact of this iconic early dive watch.
    crown close.jpg

This Sub was made for real men, living and working by the sea, in need of a true tool watch, so waterproof is necessary, at least at 100%!

Kelton case back close.jpg

Unusual case back for a Sub, no signature and serial number inside.

case back inside close.jpg

Examine closer the outer case back, I was able to understand the uniqueness of this unusual Sub case back…

Kelton close.jpg

Kelton case back.jpg
    Making closer observations on the dial, the mystery of this iconic watch is solved.
    Just have a look at this amazing 35mm Kelton Sub with backcounting minute bezel.

Kelton sub 2.jpg

Movement wise, Kelton used another, more economic and less sustainable approach than UG. No inhouse movement, just took a Timex M25 1 dollar movement, which by the way might be one of the most successful movements ever in watch history! Not as beautiful as a microrotor, but not very easy to service (just thrown away and substituted by a new one…).

Movement  + caseback.jpg
    A beautiful and collectable piece of watch history imho. For sure a keeper!!

P.S.:
    Sorry folks, I really didn´t want to offend anyone who owns an original 2. Gen. Universal Geneve Polerouter Sub! I hope you guys know that I´m really in deep love for Universal Geneve. But this watch is so outstanding, I had to make a joke. Maybe a reminder for all of us not to take everything to serious! Vintage watches, it is all about passion.

wrist.jpg

Edited Dec 18, 2017