Forums Latest Members
  1. Cdunn2998 Feb 19, 2019

I am a Rolex guy, but I just purchased a Speedmaster 2018 ck2998.
    When setting the time is there a way to stop the sec hand ? I have never owned a chronograph before.
    Thanks

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 19, 2019

The 861/1861movement in speedmaster professionals and speed madter LE’s is not a hacking movement. Most 861’s if you put a little back pressure ( moving the minute hand backwards)it will stop the second hand.

It has to be the last of the non hacking movements.

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Feb 19, 2019

It will back-hack as described above pretty well, particularly if the power reserve is low. The trick is to give it a few winds to get it going, set it exactly then wind it fully, not the other way round.

4. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 19, 2019

My Blancpain also doesn't hack, and it's a 2018 model - I was pretty surprised actually.

Anyway, once you get the hang of stopping the second hand moving with slight back pressure on the crown it's no problem - but I think you must be careful not to turn the crown back so much that it forces the watch to run backwards (i.e. second hand to move backwards) because, if I remember correctly, @Archer had a post recently somewhere about that not being good for the movement.