New to Omega watches - Looking for info!

Hey everyone, I'm a watch fan in general, but new to Omega. I was wondering if anyone could help with this watch. Described by seller as 135.012 with cal601. 1965 Seamaster. Does it look legitimate to you? What rough value would you place on it? And finally, does anyone have a rough indication of size? Looking forward to getting into the world of Omega! 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 1.jpg

Thanks everyone!

It’s worth noting that the gents ref is 135.011 at 34mm.

The 135.012 is the mid size at around 32.5mm.

On this example the plating is wearing away on the tip of the lugs. I’d say it’s worth around £275 GBP

It’s worth noting that the gents ref is 135.011 at 34mm.

The 135.012 is the mid size at around 32.5mm.

On this example the plating is wearing away on the tip of the lugs. I’d say it’s worth around £275 GBP

Right, so it's a little smaller on the wrist then? Thanks for the advice. That's almost exactly what the buyer is asking for it so it's just a case of size preference. Thanks!

Most people will find 32.5mm on the small side. Can you try it on?

Most people will find 32.5mm on the small side. Can you try it on?
I imagine it will be on the small size. I'm slender built for my size but I'm still 190cm tall, so proportionally it may look off. I can meet the fella and check, but there's a friendly watch shop nearby that will carry similar sizes, so I'll go and ask them to try one on first before wasting his time.

As a very rough guide. The modern range for men is 36-42. Above 42 is very large, below 36 is small.

However, in the 40-70’s, 32-36mm was considered standard size for men. As a result many vintage watches are around 34mm and most people are happy with this size but 32mm is often a step too far and they look tiny on the wrist.

The 600 is a nice watch. The 32.5 mm version you are looking at is very small.
Here are 2 old Seiko they are exactly the same size as the 2 options for the Omega 600 series- the one on left is 32.5 mm and on the right 34.5 mm
You can see quite a difference.
You will probably be happier with larger option but trying it on definitely worth the trouble. Good luck and post pictures!

IMG_7563.jpeg IMG_7559.jpeg IMG_7561.jpeg

Below 33mm that’s getting quite small for sure, especially if you’re tall. But it’s also a question of habit. It felt odd at first to switch from recent watches at 40-42mm to wearing 34-35mm watches. The first time I tried one in a shop I thought there was no way I could get into vintages as they were way too small. But… finally got one. And after a while, even some 38-39mm watches felt large.

Below 33mm that’s getting quite small for sure, especially if you’re tall. But it’s also a question of habit. It felt odd at first to switch from recent watches at 40-42mm to wearing 34-35mm watches. The first time I tried one in a shop I thought there was no way I could get into vintages as they were way too small. But… finally got one. And after a while, even some 38-39mm watches felt large.

I agree, it takes some getting used to but most men can get accustomed to 34mm. However, I’ve never been able to wear 32-33mm no matter how much I persevere. It sounds daft but that 1-2mm makes a significant difference.

Well it’s a square relationship between diameter and area, so yes presence shrinks pretty quickly on the wrist.

Agree - and actually I don’t have any watches strictly below 34mm I think.

Hi folks, having tried on a 32.5 in my local watch shop I think it is a touch small for me. Overall it's a lovely piece I think though, just a shame about the size.

Hi folks, having tried on a 32.5 in my local watch shop I think it is a touch small for me. Overall it's a lovely piece I think though, just a shame about the size.
The good news is that there are plenty of 34mm+.
The bad news is that they are usually a tad more expensive.

The good news is that there are plenty of 34mm+.
The bad news is that they are usually a tad more expensive.
Yeah, I'm seeing the price jump. I'm happy to pay that though, for a piece I'll really like.

It was good that you had the opportunity to try it in person and I think it's a good decision. Most men would find that size quite small to wear.

Personally, I'm happy to collect smaller watches, but I rarely wear my watches that are smaller than 35mm. Of course, the visual size does depend on factors other than the nominal case diameter. For me, a 35mm watch with a thin bezel often looks significantly larger on the wrist than one with a wide bezel, because the dial is proportionally larger in the former. Even the design of the dial can change the way the watch looks. These two, for example, appear quite different on the wrist even though the case diameters are quite similar. Some sellers will try to claim that a watch with "chunky lugs" has more wrist presence, but personally I find the dial to have the most visual impact by far.

longines_conquest_allguard.jpeg