New to Omega Vintage need advise

Hi all.
I ' m a watch lover. I own a modern omega seamaster 300 ceramic and a rolex sub 114060.
I would like to add to the collection a vintage omega constellation.
Of course I would like to get a nice all collectible pie pan dog legs with arrow head indices and octagonal crown.
My question is, what's the more sought after calibers? Are bumper caliber collectible as well?
Is it difficult to find spare parts in case in the following years I' ll need some?
Many thanks for your help, regards.

Sorry, rented fingers.

FIFY,
gatorcpa

Hi all.
I ' m a watch lover. I own a modern omega seamaster 300 ceramic and a rolex sub 114060.
I would like to add to the collection a vintage omega constellation.
Of course I would like to get a nice all collectible pie pan dog legs with arrow head indices and octagonal crown.
My question is, what's the more sought after calibers? Are bumper caliber collectible as well?
Is it difficult to find spare parts in case in the following years I' ll need some?
Many thanks for your help, regards.

Welcome and great choice for a vintage watch.
However, finding an arrowhead pie pan dogleg might prove challenging.
I believe they do exist but as they are an anomaly shouldn’t, so are one of the more uncommon variations.

in addition to Desmond’s blog, also ply your way through this OF thread - more Connies to choose from than you could ever hope to see elsewhere.
Top tip - Pick something that speaks to you and research that style in detail.
https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-constellations-show-and-tell.19186/

Hi all, thanks for your reply, as far as My research are developing I understood that model 168004 - 168005 with 551, 561, 564, calibers are the more sought after. What about 2852-1 SC or 2853 with 505? Is 505 good reliable as much as 551, 561, 564?
regards

Hi all, thanks for your reply, as far as My research are developing I understood that model 168004 - 168005 with 551, 561, 564, calibers are the more sought after. What about 2852-1 SC or 2853 with 505? Is 505 good reliable as much as 551, 561, 564?
regards

Your question is a bit scattergun.
A round cased hidden crown .004 is a very different beast to a dogleg .005.
When you bought your modern Omega and your Rolex sub you presumably bought what you liked - it’s the same deal with vintage Connies.
Study which style you like most and try to find the best available within your budget.
Fortunately the movements are all high quality, although the earlier the movt the scarcer replacement parts are becoming.

hope that helps.