Forums Latest Members
  1. Saltwater Soul Jun 19, 2015

Hello,
    I own a number of other watch brands, but actually just bought my first Omega. Thought I would join the forum and see what I can learn here. The watch buy was opportunistic -- my brother works for a police department and they were auctioning off some old stuff from the property room.

Anyway, I thought I would share a few pictures as way of an introduction. I still haven't cleaned up the watch or learned much about it yet. Seems to be a solid gold 175.0032/33 Speedmaster model of some sort. I can't find too many solid gold with the press on exhibition back like this on the web to compare to. Serial number is in the 530XXXXX series which got me to thinking perhaps this doesn't belong in the vintage forum.

Anyway, hello to all and thanks for letting me hang out with you.

DSC_0012_edited-1.jpg DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0013_edited-2.jpg
    Edited Jun 20, 2015
  2. Saltwater Soul Jun 19, 2015

So is a Speedy Reduced in solid gold with an exhibition back a rare bird? I can't seem to find much information on this watch. 1140 and 46 jewels

3. Saltwater Soul Jun 19, 2015

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 20, 2015

Speedmaster reduced. Not that rare ( gold maybe)

Give it a good clean with warm soapy water and remove the band there should be a gold mark on the case somewhere around the lugs.

Welcome to the forum

5. Audley Yung Jun 20, 2015

wow, interesting provenance. wonder why it was in the police station or what unsavory character it belonged to! haha just kidding!

6. Audley Yung Jun 20, 2015

it's a beautiful watch btw! love the gold on brown, got a 70s look which is making a bit of a come back these days.