Forums Latest Members
  1. MDLC Feb 26, 2017

Hello All! I'm new to this forum and I recently bought a vintage Omega from the bay (prior to joining this group) and would like to know more about it. What model, year made, redial, etc. It has the 351 movement and serial number is from 1950, I think. You guys will know better. Thank you in advance!

IMG_3931.JPG IMG_3914.JPG IMG_3921.JPG IMG_3929.JPG IMG_3930.JPG
  2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Feb 26, 2017

I'm going to take the position of this being an older redial. I love the Empire numerals and the look of the watch, but the style is a little older than the serial and reference numbers suggest.
    Under magnification in my opinion there seems to be some discrepancy regarding the depth the dagger style hour markers penetrate the minute ring.
    I feel it is a 1951 beautiful watch with great style but not all factory original. Probably serviced by a highly-skilled watchmaker years ago.

MDLC likes this.
  3. MDLC Feb 26, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. I was unsure of the redial, thanks for confirming. The Empire numbers would go on an earlier model, can you tell me what year you think it would be? I'm trying to gain knowledge on vintage watches.
    Even with the redial, I really like the watch. Just need a new strap (suggestions?). It's a little small (32-33mm) and my wrists are 7.5" around, so I usually wear bigger watches.

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Feb 26, 2017

I have found the Empire style to be more 30's-40's, my gut tells me the dial style is earlier than '51 (my birth year).
    Hardly, It is far more complicated than I can confirm, I only speak my opinions.
    We need the experts to speak, I only suggest a dial that may be modified that seems a style a little older than it's nomenclature.

We need provenance to be sure of anything in this hobby!

5. micampe Feb 26, 2017

Interesting, I had never seen this reference, the case looks more modern than 1951, it's similar to a 165.010, which came much later. Searching for the 2753 reference doesn't find much, only one old eBay listingPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network (which shows a different crown that I think looks more correct than this one).

6. noiseboyuk Feb 26, 2017

Sometimes it's not all about originality etc.
    A lovely watch can be lovely without being totally 'original'.
    You have a great looking watch - I hope you enjoy it.

MDLC and UncleBuck like this.
  7. MDLC Feb 26, 2017

Thank you all for your feedback. I wanted to get more info on it (thank you) and I really do like the watch, wearing it as I type, and I'm amazed that it's keeping time so well. Thank you all for taking the time to responding.

UncleBuck likes this.
  8. WatchmakerTheory Feb 26, 2017

Glad you like it, congrats again on your purchase!

MDLC likes this.
  9. alam Feb 26, 2017

And this is what counts the most! :thumbsup: Enjoy your new watch!

MDLC likes this.
  10. slique12 Feb 26, 2017

Lovely watch, congrats on the pick up!

MDLC likes this.