Forums Latest Members

New To Forum. Questions On First Purchase Seamaster

1. Knight1978 Jan 19, 2013

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a fantastic second hand Seamaster 2541.80 at a second hand store here in Japan. It came with the box, but does not have anything else. I'm in the military and living in the Tokyo area. The watch is near perfect and is a quartz. My question is, I would like to have the watch serviced. Should I go to the Omega dealer in Ginza Tokyo or send it to the states? How much will a battery replacement and general servicing cost? What is done for servicing? Thank you for any help.

Eric image.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 19, 2013

I don't actually know what's done in servicing a quartz watch I'm afraid... I've always just changed the battery and seals (the seals being very important).

How's the timekeeping?

3. Knight1978 Jan 20, 2013

It's fantastic so far. I'm just not sure how old the battery is.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 20, 2013

If you don't know how old the battery and seals are, I'd just get them both changed at once, certainly get the seals changed before taking it into water.

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 20, 2013

In Jakarta, replacing battery in Omega Authorized Service Center is around USD 15.
    Full service will set you back at USD 450 for standard Automatic (but that's almost complete overhaul).
    I think you only need for battery and gasket changes.

6. Steve Jan 20, 2013

You can just go for a new battery and re-seal, its the pressure testing that will bump up the bill. So if you're going to use it for diving i'd get it done, but if not, a new battery and seal is the cheaper option.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 20, 2013

There's really no need to change the battery unless the EOL (End Of Life) indicator has kicked in, and the watch is no longer ticking every second, but every 2 or 4 seconds (they vary and I can't recall what this movement does specifically). Once that EOL kicks in, then I would get the cell changed, and of course never leave a dead cell inside the watch as it can leak and do damage to the movement.

If you intend to dive/swim/shower with the watch on, then get it pressure tested and seals changed if needed.

Cheers, Al

8. lovewatches Nov 12, 2015

Hi, I am new to this Forum, so I hope that this is the right place to ask a question about an Omega 2541.80. I have owned this watch since the late nineties. I was divorced about a year ago and my ex-wife got rid of most of the boxes I had for my watch collection. I found one of the boxes for this watch but I am missing the Pictogram Card and International Warranty Card. Could I purchase these cards from Omega? Thanks, Ricardo