Forums Latest Members
  1. bremersm Feb 14, 2013

This is my first post on the forums. I had tried to get some information on this watch I just bought, but have had little luck. Since the concentration of this forum is vintage Omegas I hope I can get some help.

After some searching for a vintage watch I came across this listing on Ebay. (if I am not allowed to post auction links please let me know.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111001523983?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I am very impressed with the quality of the watch. The watch keeps great time. It came with a pretty cheap band, but the watch itself is in great shape. Here are some photos when I received it.

[​IMG]

Here is a photo of the case back. There is an engraving that states “Love Eileen 6-16-65”. I think it is awesome to own a watch that was once given to someone as a loving gift.

[​IMG]

I ordered a new brown watchband from Hirsch and when it came in I took the watch in to have the new band installed. While I was there they took the caseback off since I wanted to know the reference number and caliber number. The watch is a ref. 168.022 with cal. 563.

Here is a photo with the new band installed.

[​IMG]

Can anyone tell me more information about this model Seamaster? From what I have found the second hand is not original. I like the contrast of the red hand so I am not sure if I want to change it, or the hands. What do you all think?

2. ulackfocus Feb 14, 2013

I think you did okay for $450. That watch, and it's cousin with a day & date display, are very popular. There was probably another number with the 168.022, most likely starting with 166.0xx because 168.xxx denotes a chronometer caliber and it would also be marked as such on the dial. If it were a chronometer it would be a 564 inside. Either way it's a sharp watch. Don't discount the second hand as being replaced - it's very possible it came that way.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 14, 2013

I think that watch is all original. BTW I believe watchco is selling replacement casebacks for this model on ebay so if you fancy one without an engraving you should consider buying that. BTW the watch looks nice with sharp, crisp edges. I believe that seconds hand is original to the watch.

4. bremersm Feb 14, 2013

Do you have any information on watchco? Is that the actual company name on Ebay?

As for the ref. # I think you are correct. The number was tough to read and I likely made a mistake.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 14, 2013

I think they are watchcoaustralia on ebay, but they also have a normal webstore, google watchco australia. they are based in melbourne.

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 14, 2013

7. motex Feb 26, 2013

Never been on this or any forum before but I felt the need to let you know that I have the exact same watch. It also has a cal. 563 movement and case number of 168.022 as well as the orange second hand. I have only seen three aside from mine and they were all photographs.