Forums Latest Members
  1. acegale Jun 28, 2018

Hello,

I'm new to Omega watches, I've not bought a Omega watch before and im not a watch trader so I'm not sure how the pricing works and would like some advice.

An example is CK2998 Speedmaster 2018 limited edition (model chosen for reference)

On Omega website it list as SGD$8,400.00, maybe around USD $6100?

May i ask is this price negotiable with the AD? Or is it kinda like fix price for limited edition models.

If the watches are negotiable, may i ask around how much am i able to negotiate for?

I'm just hoping to buy a watch that I like to wear and hoping it won't burn my pocket as much as I've a baby coming soon.

2. omegaswisst Jun 28, 2018

Hi @acegale

Welcome to the forum.

The topic has been discussed a few times on the forum so a quick search may provide some more information.

Some of the best value can be found in the second hand watch market if you want to maximize your dollar.

I have no affiliation with this seller but one is available in the "private watch sales" section on the forum at the moment for $5650USD. See link below

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-speedmaster-ck2998-limited-edition.78122/

Edited Jun 28, 2018
    repoman likes this.
  3. kaisiang098 Jun 28, 2018

Welcome! Are you located in singapore as well?
    Well if its a speedmaster you want and at a more affordable price, perhaps you can go for a speemaster professional, maybe preowned? and with a tritium dial?

4. acegale Jun 29, 2018

Hello, thanks for the info. I was reading through the forum, what i notice is that for normal models, i might be able to negotiate for average 20% off retail price but however, I'm wondering for limited edition models whereby it is sold out very quick. If in the future I am able to get myself into the waiting list for AD, can i ask for a better price or for hot selling models i have to pay retail price.

5. acegale Jun 29, 2018

yep i'm from singapore. I prefer new ones because i like my name on the warranty card instead of seeing other ppl's name(it's a personal thing)

6. Jerseyhammer Jun 29, 2018

Welcome to the Forum

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jun 29, 2018

A Omega Boutique your not going to get much off at all maybe a gift thrown in. At a Authorised Dealer a Posible 5-10% if your lucky.
    You are right in thinking less of a chance on the model you are looking at. ;)

JimF315 likes this.
  8. Linzer Jun 29, 2018

You will only see the AD's, Boutique's name on the warranty card. It is very unlikely they will put your name on it.

9. JimF315 Jul 2, 2018

I took a ride to the Boutique in King of Prussia PA. I purchased a SS bracelet for my Speedy and a NATO for my Seamaster Diver. I asked if I purchased a new watch if there would be a chance of a discount and he said he could make a call for me as I already 2 Omega's but usually it's full price. I was surprised at the Speedy bracelet price. Very close to what used one's go for. Here is a picture of my SeaMaster 300 Diver ready for the 4th. Yes the NATO's ED9C7568-CA32-4A72-8FBB-B3BC36EA35DC.jpg are expensive but quality is the best.

lustrousaurus likes this.
  10. lustrousaurus Jul 4, 2018

@JimF315 The KoP OB is very nice to deal with. I'd consider all of them my friends where I can just talk to them about watches for an hour or so when I stop by.