Forums Latest Members
  1. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Apr 20, 2015

I bought this from another forum. I learned a lesson from that sale. The seller posted good pics and descriptions, but I only looked at the pics of the head, not the strap. When I got the watch, I was overjoyed with the head , but then rather frustrated with the band. It was a cheep copy of an Omega band, not even the correct size. Infact, if I bend my wrist the right way, the band would snap open.
    I probably paid close to top price for this model. Now when I buy a new Omega band from Otto Frei, I will now have more invested than it is probably worth. If I paid closer attention, I would have offered less knowing that the band would need to be replaced. Lesson learned.

This weekend I bought a new leather strap, thought I might mix it up while waiting for my new metal band. It looks very nice. The style seems to match a Speedmaster, very thick leather, and I love the little slide on the back that allow you to remove the band without scratching the case. I don't know if this is common or not, but it's very convenient.

I read very often that the Mark series are very large, and hard to fit under your cuffs. I disagree. I have about a 7 inch wrist, and it doesn't look to big for me.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Dogmann likes this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 20, 2015

nice looking strap on a nice looking watch! what kind of band is it?

3. Watchfan904 Apr 20, 2015

I agree the quick-release pins are a very nice feature. I wish all straps had it.

4. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Apr 20, 2015

Would you believe I bought it at a Fossel store for $25.00