Forums Latest Members
  1. beachcaster Jul 17, 2015

I am a new member here..........before I joined the forum I saw a post where someone had asked the strap maker Stevio to copy an old strap for their Omega Chronostop.
    I bought my Chronostop 35 years ago....wore it everyday till the strap perished and put it in back back of my "man drawer " I only came across it a few months ago ( after decades ) and was thrilled that it was worth a lot more than I paid for it ...And it is my eyes its still a lovely watch.
    I contacted Stevio sent him my watch and a week or so later it arrived back with the new strap...Looking great...and utilising the original clasp.
    I have never had the watch serviced or even cleaned......and it still keeps good time. Though I guess you guys will tell me to give it a treat and get it serviced.

But a big thanks you to Stevio ( who recently made the watch straps for Brad Pitt and the crew of the film Fury )

www.steviostraps.com

[​IMG]

X350 XJR and persco like this.
  2. persco Jul 17, 2015

Nice! But, yes. Please get your watch serviced. It will desperately need it after 35 years.

3. beachcaster Jul 17, 2015

Yes point taken ........I think it sort of deserves it :)
    I suppose it says something about Omega that it fired up and seems to be doing well after such a long time.
    But I will take your advice

barry

4. blubarb Jul 19, 2015

Steveo made the strap for my IWC Mark II (in the avatar) and he did it based on the photo of a strapped Mark II that is featured in the brilliant article "Man is not Lost" by Greg Steer. He even sourced some age appropriate leather!

Article can be found here: http://www.gregsteer.net/IWC/Mark_11/mark11a-en.pdf

Since then he had made at least a half dozen straps for a number of different style vintage watches I own. Can't praise the man's work enough.

beachcaster likes this.
  5. smitty190373 Jan 28, 2016

Hi, im trying to source the clasp for mine as its on a buckle, can you tell me if your clasp is 14mm? so strap is 18/14mm? Cheers, ian.

ps yours is looking sweet!

6. beachcaster Jan 28, 2016

Hi Ian...I have had a quick measure and yes the strap is 18mm at the watch pin end and 14mm at the clasp.Hope this works for you.
    I sent my whole watch to Steveo with old strap on it so he could see the exact dimensions.
    Good luck with yours.

7. alam Jan 28, 2016

8. beachcaster Jan 28, 2016

Well done alam ..........thanks for picking that up :)

9. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Jan 28, 2016

I just received a strap from Steveo last week.
    Great quality.

image.jpeg

10. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 28, 2016

I have a few straps made by Steveo. They are high quality an very affordable. Quite a bargain in my mind.

11. smitty190373 Jan 28, 2016

Hey man and thanks for the reply, yep ive managed to get an original 18/14mm clasp with an old strap for $100 so that should arrive within the next 10 days, steveo has agreed to make up a gen looking perforated strap to fit, cheers!